Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

?

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Well im new to the forum and ive just sat here and read all the way from page one lol, great finds and a fantastic thread

Thanks for taking a look! Welcome to the forum!!

Traded one yard of mulch for this beauty:

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

I also acquired a box-o-vet-bringback items... he is graciously letting me borrow the stuff for my history class so I'll post them here in a little bit.

Here are the vet bringback items... they came from Pvt. Don Lane, who was a member of the 14th Armored division. He was a devout catholic, so there are a lot of religious items.

Of most interest to the members of this forum would probably be the three German lanyards, the k98 round(?). There are also dozens of pre-war inflation reichmarks.

I have been told that the pieces of rock and little bird pins are from Berchtesgaden. The piece in the center has a flat, finished side which makes me believe it was broken off of a structure or statue or railing/step, etc.

Finally, there are a set of crudely made spoons and some other utencil... The 14th Armored took the nickname "Liberators" I think they are from a concentration camp or forced work camp... ?

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

If anyone can comment on any of this, I'd really appreciate it!

I believe the little screw-back star is Italian collar insignia, and the 'GAR'
    badge is an older US cap insignia, likely for reunion use.........

The little birds are 'WHW' relief pins, given for donations.

The green pennants/banners are from the 1960's.
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Joe,
    The GAR is a hat badge for the Grand Army of the Republic. A organization for Northern Civil War veterans. The lanyards are for marksman. I have a Panzer badge from one of these, took me a while to figure out why the tank was backwards. These complete ones are fairly valuable, my badge without the rope, not so much so.

Thanks

Burt

?

Thats quite an interesting coicidence, my father was in Wuppertal for a time during and after WW2

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I believe the little screw-back star is Italian collar insignia, and the 'GAR'
    badge is an older US cap insignia, likely for reunion use.........

The little birds are 'WHW' relief pins, given for donations.

The green pennants/banners are from the 1960's.
    You're right, the star is marked "Milano" on the back. Are you sure about the banners? I don't think the vet ever returned to Kentucky after his wartime training there?

o0o gottasparelanyardkthx?

Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast