Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

I remember seeing pictures of Vietnam War era mitchell covers with a "V" on the side, I believe they were "opfor" helmet covers for training.

Quote by Poromies View Post
    I remember seeing pictures of Vietnam War era mitchell covers with a "V" on the side, I believe they were "opfor" helmet covers for training.
    Here are the pics the gentleman sent me. It should arrive tomorrow!

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

That is an awesome helmet! I love the look of the Vietnam covers, the V just makes it so much better. It appears to be in fantastic condition, you are one lucky man.

Regards, Corey

Looks like what I described, to my knowledge a "opfor" training cover, and the camouflage pattern looks like woodland?

Looks like what I described, to my knowledge a "opfor" training cover, and the camouflage pattern looks like woodland?
    Yessir, I think you're right! The camo scheme is woodland and I wonder if the cover is reversable...

The gentleman wanted me to send him a reminder text this morning (which I just did!) so I am hoping the helmet will arrive shortly.

Btw, the person who is giving me this helmet works for a junk removal company... aka one of those companies you see clearing out the mess on those horder shows... These guys are great to know because I am sure they run into everything and anything in their line of work!

To my knowledge woodland covers for the M1 were OD on the reverse, so I think its just one sided. I have though seen a woodland cover for the PASGT or ACH that could be reversed to the 3-colour desert pattern, but that does not matter now

To my knowledge woodland covers for the M1 were OD on the reverse, so I think its just one sided. I have though seen a woodland cover for the PASGT or ACH that could be reversed to the 3-colour desert pattern, but that does not matter now
    We shall soon find out!

The gentleman who promised me the M1 with camo cover hasn't been back to our facility. I am confident that he will follow through, just assuming that he has been busy.

However, this came home with me the other day:
    Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

Nothing spectacular or rare, but a nice garbage find all the same.

What kind of helmet is that?

It's an American Civil Defense helmet.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast