Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

I could not have said it any better. Thanks for taking the time to post, William!

Joe i think i am not alone on this one but if you had the time to type up the contents of the diary i would be very interested in reading it. Keep hunting man your doing your part to save history

Quote by crites1234 View Post
    Joe i think i am not alone on this one but if you had the time to type up the contents of the diary i would be very interested in reading it. Keep hunting man your doing your part to save history
    I would definitely like to do that! I will give it a shot... maybe typing up a few pages every day. I have noticed that in times of high stress, the 2nd Lt's handwriting becomes a little more difficult to read. I will also have to learn as I go, as there is a lot of lingo and names of South Pacific islands, etc. that I am not familiar with!

Good morning, gentlemen!

I will begin typing up the contents of this journal today. I will probably break it down from section to section... Would anyone be able to offer up any suggestions on the best way to do so? Also, I should probably create a new forum thread for the journal, correct?

Hi Joe,
    A new thread would be nice as this one is getting a bit large, interesting but large. Have you thought about just scanning the diary? I know you work a bunch like me and I would never have the time it would take to write it all down.

Thanks
    Burt

Hi Burt,

I briefly thought about scanning the journal, but that seems rather impersonal... Don't you think? Plus, writing it down would allow me to read it in full.

Today is the last day of classes at the high school, so I will be having a little bit more free time on my hands. This could be a nice little start-of-summer project.

I will go ahead and make a new thread for the journal. Should I post it section by section/ page by page... or should I type everything and post it as a whole?

?

Joe, I think scanning the diary would be best for a number of reasons, one to save a lot of time typing two you state that his writing alters due to possible stress it would be more personal too actually see that in his own words, if there are any words that are unclear to us you could add what you think they are

True scaning it it would be easier and would show his writing style better however there is the problem of being able to read it from the scans i know i have tried reading things that were scanned and had zero luck reading it. You could retype a page then scan the page and have the typed part and the scan in each new post on the new forum

Joe,
    Posting a couple of pages at a time might be nice. Gives folks something to look forward to.

Thanks
    Burt

At least it has now found someone who appreciates and values it in you, Joe.

Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast