Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

WOW! Thanks Mr. Marty L!!

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

Nice gift!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice gift!

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks, Ade! I really am blown away by the kindness and generosity of our customers!

The cartridge belt is a late war, all OD green version that appears to be marked: "Colo. Tent & Awn. Co. 1945". It's complete and in really great shape except for the white discoloring. I don't want to mess it up, but I think the white gunk should come off with a damp towel.

The bayonet is the second M1 Garand bayonet that has come into our facility. The first was a semi-relic AFC.

This example is an undated Union Fork & Hammer Co... made between 1942 and 1944. The blade is far from mint, but is in good shape. The scabbard is also in good shape except for the tip. I assume someone dropped it on a hard surface, which has caused the tip to crack and has allowed the fiber internals to fray. I think it has characters!

I love salty stuff like these!

My father just came home with these! He said one of our laborers found them on the line after going through the grinder! Authentic? Could someone help me repair the EKII?!

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

Mate i love this thread cant believe what people throw away.. Keep us the good work .. ever get any aussie gear?

Quote by michael77 View Post
    Mate i love this thread cant believe what people throw away.. Keep us the good work .. ever get any aussie gear?
    Thanks for the kind words! No sir, never any Aussie stuff.

?

Joe you could take the whole thing to a jeweller with a picture of what it should look like and ask them if they can solder or braze a brass ring on

Thanks for the tip, Dave!

I posted a thread about the EKII and I think I may just keep it as is. Someone pointed out that it looks like it lost it's ribbon suspension long before it went through the grinder... Plus, as is, it has a lot of character.

kulliuuno
    ?

Greetings,

These binoculars were found from Finnish recycling center. I'm not even sure if they are military item, because they don't have "SA" stamp. I would be appreciated if someone could tell me more about these. Pictures can be found here:

Flickr: allu72's Photostream

TRADED A DUMP BILL FOR THIS BEAUTY! Customer didn't want to pose for a picture, so he handed it to our machine operator! lol

downsized_0801121341.jpg

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast