Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 74 of 122 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Build a wood pyre, place the flag on it, light it and take a few paces backwards then stand to attention-yours is an act of respect not desecration to the flag if you should decide to retire it.

.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Wouldn't clean it if it's that fragile. Pop it into a ziplock bag, squeeze all the air out and stick it in the freezer for a day or two. That should take care of its insect "passengers" at any rate.

Not sure if you guys have stink bugs... they range in size from about the size of a peanut to the size of an almond. Easy enough to see with the naked eye and flick off... I can guarantee that the flag doesn't have anymore "passengers" on it!

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Just to give you an idea of how many stinkbugs we have down here, last Spring I killed more stinkbugs then a didn't kill.

?

Sorry I am a bit confused, but why should this flag be burnt?

Cheers, Patrick

We have something similar, but not that big, nowhere near!!! The closest thing we have to that are about a quarter of the size - if that - and smell like rancid oil if you squish them. It's moths that really get the fabric munchies over here.

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Sorry I am a bit confused, but why should this flag be burnt?

Cheers, Patrick
    Hi

He was joking.... well I hope so anyway!

(EDIT: Ignore above comment)

Cameron

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Not sure if you guys have stink bugs... they range in size from about the size of a peanut to the size of an almond. Easy enough to see with the naked eye and flick off... I can guarantee that the flag doesn't have anymore "passengers" on it!

Finds in the GARBAGE!
    Hi Joe,

Yeah, we have these bugs in the U.K. They're called Green Shield Beetles as that is the predominent colour, some have orange legs. I often find them on Hawthorn hedges and trees around the lanes here.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Aaaaah, you mean bishop's mitres! Gah, I'm making it blindingly obvious that I'm not an entomologist... LOL

P.S. Loving this thread, can't believe what people do throw away... It's really sad tbh, that some stuff has survived for so long and then just binned.

Page 74 of 122 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast