Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 92 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    What is it????? WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT???? I CAN'T SEE THE PICTUREEEE!!!!!!!!
    The "holy grail"? Lol it was a pack of US Desert Strom trading cards from the 1990s lol

I shake my head sometimes when I see this and what goes through peoples minds. Just looking out on a street on trash day makes me wonder whats really in those bags and trash cans. Sad to see this happen. Lucky for you to rescue these from the trash heap. regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, 99% of the time it's dirty diapers, soggy cardboard, and rotten food... That 1% is what makes this all worthwhile!

Late in the day someone dropped off an "army training film in a canister" idk exactly what that means... If I can get my sister to send a pic I'll be sure to post it up!

Our army was still using training films from WW2 as late as the 1980s-when I was in the signals there was a little gem about mixing battery electrolyte in the field amongst others.

Here's the "army training film in a canister" unmarked, unfortunately... MYSTERIOUS!

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

I look forward to finding out what secrets it may hold!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I'm not working today, but my sister is!

Garbage find of the day!

Attachment 504909
    What type of person could come to find themselves throwing this away? The lack of respect, morality, apathy, understanding, and overall care in some humans never ceases to amaze me.

I popped open the film can and held the film up to a light... It's the 1943 World Series lol

According to the almighty Wikipedia:
    This series was also the first to have a 'World Series highlight film' made for it (initially, the films were created as gifts to troops fighting in World War II, to give them a brief recap of baseball action back home), a tradition which continues to this day.

Actually....the wartime era 1943 World Series on a Film may well be very Collectable and I imagine many sports fans would be quite desirous to Own it.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 92 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 ... LastLast