Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Joe is there a date on this picture??? My Dad was a Drill Instructor there during the war. He was one of the NCO's they kept for training troops. He is not in the picture that I can see. He passed away in 1986 so he couldn't tell me about it. In 1975 we visited Ft. McClellan. ( It is now a WAC base) It was quite interesting to see him remember where things were. My mother and father could live off base . Mother worked in the Ordnance plant there. Dad was able to take a jeep off base once in a while and go to the boarding house where they lived. The base commander liked him, so he could do these things. Mom use to cook a lot of k rations she said .

John
    Hi John,

No date on the yard long, unfortunately. A few of the Officers and NCOs in the front rows have ribbon bars and combat infantry badges... so I'm assuming this photo was taken mid-late WWII or even Korea.

So... the Baseball Hall of Fame just contacted me. They may be interested in acquiring the film!

Garbage find of the day!

I believe it's a USMC shirt with Sergeant's chevrons.

Finds in the GARBAGE!

hi joe,whats happening with the baseball reel,what a find

Quote by rabbitface View Post
    hi joe,whats happening with the baseball reel,what a find
    I heard back from the Baseball Hall of Fame and they respectfully said that they wouldn't be interested in the film reel because they already have two copies in their archives. She told me to contact the NY Yankees and St. Louis Cardinals organizations. Both thought the reel was cool, but they said they didn't have the facilities to preserve it. What do you guys think I should do with the reel?

Another garbage find! My sister just sent me this photo. When I pick them up tomorrow I can take better photos and let you guys know if they are marked.
    Finds in the GARBAGE!

?

Nice finds,Joe! I'm glad we have you on our side preserving such items. I can't believe what people throw away. It just goes to show what the ' dumbing down' of America has done. We don't care about the past..just what's on the reality shows and what Obamas speech was..even though he read it from a TelePrompTer .

Joe, the only markings - if any - will be a factory number cast
    into the side of the 'lever'. Replacement pins and rings are
    very easy to locate. What a great find.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Dean and Steve!

Judging by the pic, I think I see 6 or 9. I am on call and can't leave campus right now, but as soon as I can, I'll be sure to pick these two up and take better photos!

Here are two other 'MKI-AI' Training grenades for comparison.
    They were bought separately from dealers at militaria shows
    a few years apart. I believe the numbers are factory series
    or production codes.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finds in the GARBAGE!  
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice, Steve! Those two look a lot like the one on the right in my photo.

Do you have any idea where I can find a replacement pin? I see them on ebay, but they're in lots of 5 or more.

Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 ... LastLast