Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Flea Market Find

Article about: These is what i got from the other flea market (not the usual one when i found helmet etc) i found in here in this past 1 month. It's paper based collection though : 1917 Dutch Trench Warfar

Cool Flea Market Find

These is what i got from the other flea market (not the usual one when i found helmet etc) i found in here in this past 1 month.
    It's paper based collection though :
    1917 Dutch Trench Warfare Tactic Book. Including the defenses of the trench against many type of artillery caliber. I guess this is the Dutch answer for their neighbors's type of war.
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find

It's counterpart, the 1922 Dutch Fortification and Coastal Defenses including some warship. The book is for the cadets of the Koninklijk Militaire Academie. I love this particular book because beside it's cool diagram and section cut, there's a lot of scribbles from the old owner. Including his own sketch of fortification.
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find

1940 dated announcement for the Dutch Funding (Steunfonds Holland). The funding is for assisting the Netherlands after it's fallen to the Germany. The announcement said, for every wedding golden ring or other jewelry it'll be exchanged with a silver made ring, free.
    It's really interesting this paper i think once it's exclusively made for the announcement board locally. Hence no year written in there.
    Flea Market Find

1945 Japanese propaganda book. Made by japanese journalist Isobe Yuji. It's in indonesian language and full of propaganda also the later first Indonesia President, Soekarno, made a foreword in here.
    Flea Market Find

1942 Javanese magazine. It's really interesting and it's so sad when reading this magazine. Because as you know, it's made when Japanese is already attacking Borneo at that time. And one of the news reported in there is about the battle of tarakan. There's a lot of short news about japanese air attack including it's casualties. And the picture below it's about when Wavell taking over the command of ABDACom in Batavia.
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find

1940 Dutch Movie Newspaper. The interesting one is the headlines from the fox movietones news. From Hitler meeting with Mussolini, the failure of Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain, the meeting of Franco with Petain, until the royal navy plan for purchase the US torpedo boat.
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find

And the last ones is the post 1945, Indonesian guerrilla ID card. Really scarce.
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find

Also of course, this is including the Indonesian Madsen LMG M51 Instruction book too.

?

Nice buddy.

Thank you.

I forgot to add these
    A bulletin about Legioen Mangkoe Nagoro in 1935, one of the famous units of the KNIL
    Flea Market Find

1936 Berlin Olympic Postcard but interestingly in Dutch. I guess at that time, germany produce many of these postcard with various languages?
    Flea Market Find

The one i got today, a photo of unknown javanese royalty. Too bad it's not in perfect condition , but the uniform is still much visible. There's no dating of this photo but based from the uniform, it's made between 1896-1912. It's better than nothing though, finding KNIL theme photo is really hard in here, especially the one from the late 19th century early 20th century like this one.
    Flea Market Find

?

Nice pile of paper. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thank you.

Very cool!

Thank you!
    When the time is right, i'll share it again in here. Maybe a month again. So many unexpected things in here.

Red face Next finding

Here's the next finding for maybe since 2 weeks ago. Well, many is non related military though, below it's the military related theme ones
    Flea Market Find
    An M80 helmet, i think Indonesian made one. I'll post the photos tomorrow in different thread
    Japanese propaganda magazine "Taiyo". I still cant find the issue date. But judging from the low number of issue which is no 3. I think it's made in 1942-43.
    3 photos of TNI in the 70's
    A photo of the javanese king funeral in 1939
    A children song book during Indonesian Independence War in 1947. So many patriotic song in it
    A commemoration brochure about one of the oldest javanese military arm
    A diary made by postman from pre-war, japanese era, independence war era until the 80's
    And Late weimar era magazine

The photos
    Flea Market Find

Flea Market Find
    Wearing full camo

Flea Market Find
    Many kind of uniform type in here. From dress uniform, walking out uniform, and field camo

Flea Market Find
    During military funeral. Some soldiers wore the M1 liner wih garand rifle

Flea Market Find
    The funeral of one of javanese king. It's really interesting the soldiers with pike is wearing KNIL type uniform

Taiyo
    Flea Market Find
    Too bad it's a bit ripped off on the corner. But the pictures in it is still remarkable. It's what you expect from a propaganda magazine

Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Special issue, the Japanese Paratrooper. Along with it's glider too

Flea Market Find
    About borderland between French Indochina, Japan, and Thailand

The late weimar magazine. September 1932
    Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    Some german cartoonist. I wonder, how's their fate during the third reich

Flea Market Find
    Flea Market Find
    At least there's some military related in here.
    Drawing of prussian soldiers in the history of berliner ecke

Flea Market Find
    One of some nudity in this magazine.
    I wonder, is the typical weimar magazine is like this?

?

Nice stuff. I sent a link to a friend that lives in Den Haag. He liked your paper.
    Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Ah thank you. Glad someone not from this forum like it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast