Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flight Boots I recently picked up - but what country

Article about: Hi guys. I recently picked up these flight boots at an auction here in Canada. There are no markings but they came with an war time RCAF uniform. The soles have been re-lined but other than

Default Flight Boots I recently picked up - but what country

Hi guys. I recently picked up these flight boots at an auction here in Canada. There are no markings but they came with an war time RCAF uniform. The soles have been re-lined but other than that they are in very good condition. Can anyone shed some light on them for me?Flight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what countryFlight Boots I recently picked up - but what country

Default Re: Flight Boots I recently picked up - but what country

I can't believe there is no one out there with any clues. Where are all the experts?

?

Be a bit patient mate, remember the different time zones involved here, you will get an answer but the guys in the know are not robots

Give it a few days and you will have plenty... I like them though

Check deep inside at the bottom of the sole. There should be
    a date and size stamped into the leather, if they are of
    British or Canadian manufacture...........
    Regards,

Steve.

Walkwolf...thanks for your reply. I checked for a date and size as you suggested but although they are quite dirty inside, I can't see anything. I thought that they might be Australian or South African when I first saw them but I couldn't find any decent reference books on commonwealth flight gear. Hopefully someone on the site will recognize them. Thanks.

These are nice and look well made. Perhaps someone may have
    an Allied photo of this type or similar in wear ?

I like the pebbled leather. I used to own a pair of dispatch
    rider boots with the same grain..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Here is another hint, the soles are Phillips Rubber Sole Company, do some searching and you might get some clues....actually it looks like someone put the soles on there, looking at it closer.

kc1
    ?

To be honest they don't look military at all, possibly bikers? I can't see any aircrew wanting a buckle and strap that low on a boot that may get caught on the airframe or flight controls. Look how cramped a spitfire or Bf109 cockpit is, try moving the rudder pedals whilst hooked to the instument panel.

They do look like bikers boots Kc1 but remember some boots were fitted with a lower strap like 1941 patt raf flying boots so they did no fall off during bail out which happened on the 1940 pattern.I am Into flying clothing but not familiar with these i will check my reference books later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast