Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Found in attic Fairbairn-Sykes

Article about: Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife marked Sheffield England on the cross guard. Grip is a metal alloy with pointy butt end, a real killer! I would love to know more about this piece so all you m

bsweeney
    ?

Default Re: Found in attic Fairbairn-Sykes

I would love to see a photo of one of them... you don't have one you could share with us do you?

jume
    ?

Sorry, but the last time I saw the knife was in Toronto Canada a few months before he passed on. It was made of Chrome-Moly steel, quite a contrast to the dull bronze finished British issue. My uncle enlisted when he was in his mid thirties, pretty old to be going off to war. He was a master machinist and assigned to maintain sherman tanks. I am sure that there are a few left out there some where. Who knows one may pop up here. Just an FYI.

hi Danny,
    The last time i was up there was in 1981, i know it was a bit of time ago now. But we were stupidly dressed as russian soldiers
    in a attack force, we crossed county all night to get to the target and was nackered. We had time at Loch long so made a brew ect
    and had to move when the mk4,s came and i left my knife.
    It cost me a week as guard commander, horrible job.
    Dave.

stoneagegixer
    ?

Quote by bsweeney View Post
    Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife marked Sheffield England on the cross guard. Grip is a metal alloy with pointy butt end, a real killer! I would love to know more about this piece so all you militaria buffs out there please help.
    IS there a number stamped into the cross guard. It will be about 2 or 3 millimeters tall. If I remember correctly numbers 1,2,3 are all wwII issue...

Hi Dave,
    Sorry. Slightly off topic. Loch Long 2007. I was rowing out to take some pics of my mothers house (for the estate agents) that she was about to sell. There are some very very big fish there!
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found in attic Fairbairn-Sykes  

?

Bsweeney cool knife. Stoneagegixer I have one with a # 4 when was that made? Gary

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    hi Danny,
    The last time i was up there was in 1981, i know it was a bit of time ago now. But we were stupidly dressed as russian soldiers
    in a attack force, we crossed county all night to get to the target and was nackered. We had time at Loch long so made a brew ect
    and had to move when the mk4,s came and i left my knife.
    It cost me a week as guard commander, horrible job.
    Dave.

sounds like a laugh was it an army exercise or something? Because me and some other guys had to go about Montrose Airfield looking like members of IRA for the army to shoot at

Your knife might be a relic in the future though, because its unlikely someone would have found it

Thanks

Danny

stoneagegixer
    ?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Bsweeney cool knife. Stoneagegixer I have one with a # 4 when was that made? Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry, I don't remember all the meaning behind the numbers. When had my knife, I took some time looking into but have since forgotten. I think that only 1,2,3 were war issue, with the 4 being post war. But I could/may be wrong. sorry.
    Lubos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2