Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found inside an old garage

Article about: These items were found in an old garage for me kilt for Gordon Highlanders not fully dated quite worn label worn away quite early.WW1 medal named 30778.2.A.M.F.WILSON .RAF .Cigarette case qu

Default Found inside an old garage

These items were found in an old garage for me kilt for Gordon Highlanders not fully dated quite worn label worn away quite early.WW1 medal named 30778.2.A.M.F.WILSON .RAF .Cigarette case quite interesting ww1 German ww2 medal ribbons see the daggers in my other thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found inside an old garage   Found inside an old garage  

Found inside an old garage   Found inside an old garage  

Found inside an old garage   Found inside an old garage  

Default Re: Found inside an old garage

I love those garages!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nice haul!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Been offered £200 for the kilt and tassles for socks do you guys consider it a good deal??

Kilts always make good money. I am not up to date on current values, but it might be worth a bit more I suspect?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

'What's worn underneath the kilt?'

'Nothing-it's all in perfect working order.'

A very old but appropriate joke...

PS -The medal ribbons in the pics are British WW2 types not German.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    'What's worn underneath the kilt?'

'Nothing-it's all in perfect working order.'

A very old but appropriate joke...

PS -The medal ribbons in the pics are British WW2 types not German.
    LOl thanks and medal ribbons already knew this thanks Andy

Just in case you still own it, and or you never found out or knew, the kilt in the opening post to this thread was issued to;

- 2875584 Private J. Wood, 2nd Battalion Gordon Highlanders

The kilt is marked to show, the wearers unique 7 digit Army number (2875584), the battalion & regiment (2nd Battalion Gordon Highlanders), and issue date in month/year, this last being November (11) and what is either 1936, or 1938

The recipient is recorded as having been 'Wounded-in-Action' in North west Europe on 5 August 1944 while serving with the re-constituted 2nd Battalion Gordon Highlanders (the pre-war regular 2nd battalion was a 'Fortress Singapore' battalion in 1939, and captured there at the fall of Singapore Colony on 15 February 1942).

As the wearers unique Army number is pre 1941, he 'may' have been a 1930's entry, who was time-expired prior to the Second World War.

The medal ribbons with the group are typically amongst those awarded to men of the re-constituted 2nd Battalion Gordon Highlanders, which battalion was formed in May 1942 and deployed on active service to North West Europe in 1944-1945.

As information.

Mark