Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Found today on Arpley Meadows council tip

Article about: My word! Just chucking all that kit out! I mean okay... Maybe the guy never will use it again but just binning it! I would go with Andy and say about £50 possibly more. Dave has a point ther

?

My word! Just chucking all that kit out! I mean okay... Maybe the guy never will use it again but just binning it! I would go with Andy and say about £50 possibly more. Dave has a point there is some more unusual surplus items in that lot, A nice variation but you would be waiting a while to get top worth out them as they are not really highly sort after pieces IMO. Nice find! Cheers, Sean.

?

Never underestimate the stupidity of some humans.

Great find!!! Make ya sick to know how much gear over the years has gone into the tip never to be seen again.
    My mate works at a scrap metal place here in Perth west oz and came home one day and chucked me a small shell and said to read the engraving. It had the srgnts name and "souvenir of battle of the somme" on it. 44th battalion etc, it was really faint but you could see it. It just about became scrap but i saved it. I sent it to the museum

Welcome to my world!

Congrats on the save!

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Welcome to my world!
    A world I would not mind living in. You have found some very interesting item's Joe!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

worse come to worse post it in an ad in the old classifieds maybe someone will bite on it personally i like the helmet and most modern gear (good for my kinda camping )

I would say about £50 worth this Desert and DPM isnt as good seller as it used to be as most people want the MTP camo items now like the boonie hat you have there

Great camelbak, I use them every friday in the desert!

There are actually two of the water bottles, the other appears bigger (or different) to the camelback. I had a quick scout around on ebay after I put up the posting. The whole lot comes to about £125 going off what others are asking. The helmet sells for about £25. It seems a lot heavier than the Mk1V Turtles we used to wear for service in Ireland! All it cost me was four bottles of Old Peculiar beer...

?

Yep the Mk6 helmet is twice as heavy and twice as uncomfortable lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast