Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Garage sale knives

Article about: Was at a garage sale today and bought these three knives . I believe the long one is a Mexican saddle sword . thanks for looking

?

Default Garage sale knives

Was at a garage sale today and bought these three knives . I believe the long one is a Mexican saddle sword . thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garage sale knives   Garage sale knives  

Garage sale knives   Garage sale knives  

MAP
    ?

Nice! I would use that long one in the woods cutting brush!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think I find some of my best stuff at Garage sales and Second Hand Stores!

Nice Score! The one accompanied by the two smaller knives is a Kukri and the one with the wooden scabbard is a Talibong bolo knife.

Mart

?

Hi Mart I new the kukri but didn't know the other one was called a talibong. Thank you

?

All are a great pic up!! I like the sword. I'm trying to translate what is written. The first 2 words , No luck yet, Sent to daughter who is fluent in Spanish.

But I did find the last words ( Amo De 1872)and date in Spanish translate to. "Master Of 1872"

But not sure if Spanish, Filipino, or might be latin. but no hits on the latter.

Still great pick up Gary

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Hi Phil thank you . it is my favorite of the three . Like I sais in the first post I believe it is a spanish or Mexican saddle sword it has a really good balance and feel in yoir hand . Gary

?

Hi MAP I'm going to hold off on wacking away at bushes for know . Gary

My pick of the three, for pure interest, would be the "Mexican", which I suspect has been re-bladed by a local artisan. The hilt may come from an earlier made sword originally. The hilt appears to be of better quality of manufacture compared to the blade and scabbard. But it's an interesting cutlass like weapon.

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast