Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Garbage find

Article about: Here is one of the wheels, can someone tell me what it is for ? Rolf

CMc
    ?

Default Re: Garbage find

This is true, my Grandad was a prolific scrounger of skips, at one point he used to drive skip lorries, i.e. the lorries that carry the rubbish skips from place to place, and whenever he was clearing out a factory or whatever for demolition, he would usually bring back all sorts of worthwhile stuff that would otherwise have been lost to the landfill, or scrapped and smelted down or whatever. We used to restore old cars with all sorts of skip-found parts that were no use to whoever owned them, but that were just the thing for whatever our current project was, everything from trim parts, mechanical components, even steel and aluminium for repairing the structure and bodywork. Of course, scrapyards are another goldmine for such things, although heavy handed legislation has made British scrapyards less of an Aladdin's Cave than they once were, but you can still find some strange and wonderful things in them if you're patient. Often the finds are more vehicle oriented, but that does sometimes include old military vehicles, either ones that were scrapped as they can't be sold on, or ones that were sold on and are now in the scrappy after decades of civilian ownership.

?

Is there a chance that i can buy one or 2 k98 wooden bodies from you ?

?

Last Thursday i visited my local recycling depot and spoke with the manager, he told me that someone had brought in an old wooden box with about 30 odd medals inside ,they took them to a local miscellaneous auction and got £150 for them. Even these guys are starting to jump on the band wagon and wise up.

?

my friend just found a local boy scout flag in trash... i got a plate with a sail ship painted on it

Found more in a container this week and I am selling some of it, it is the belt loader for Mg34/42, they have been in the norwegian army after the war and have been converted to take the 308(7.62x51 NATO) for use in the Mg3 that is similar to Mg42 .

Rolf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garbage find   Garbage find  

Garbage find   Garbage find  

Garbage find   Garbage find  

Garbage find  

Wow.....nice! You sure must have one heck of a collection.

Well I have some, you can check it out here :
    FRONT PAGE :-) - www.mosjoen-krigsminne-samling.com

?

I should start searching the garbage containers by night ...
    Regards

Matt

Quote by kompani-linge View Post
    Well I have some, you can check it out here :
    FRONT PAGE :-) - www.mosjoen-krigsminne-samling.com
    That's a pretty good site you have there. I couldn't read it but the photo's tell most of it.

Thank's
    I found some wheels today for a Kanon I think, will post pictures later .

Rolf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast