Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German table medal and other things

Article about: Picked up this table medal from I believe war games in Dusseldorf in 1939. Also came with the two ribbon bars and the smaller Adolf Hitler medallion. Could somebody id the second ribbon on t

?

Default German table medal and other things

Picked up this table medal from I believe war games in Dusseldorf in 1939. Also came with the two ribbon bars and the smaller Adolf Hitler medallion. Could somebody id the second ribbon on the smaller bar . any help would be great Thank you for looking. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German table medal and other things   German table medal and other things  

German table medal and other things   German table medal and other things  

German table medal and other things   German table medal and other things  

Those appear to be miniature ribbons, but the ribbon on the right I believe is for the WW1 "Roter Adler Orden", probably 4 klasse. Not seen that often, the Prussian "Order of the Red Eagle" is usually associated with high ranking officers. Von Richthofen was awarded a 1 klasse orden. But there were also class 2-4 and it could be awarded for enlisted men and civilians as well. The ribbon is red and white.

?

Thank you for responding Anderson. I think the ribbons are normal size
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German table medal and other things   German table medal and other things  

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Those appear to be miniature ribbons, but the ribbon on the right I believe is for the WW1 "Roter Adler Orden", probably 4 klasse. Not seen that often, the Prussian "Order of the Red Eagle" is usually associated with high ranking officers. Von Richthofen was awarded a 1 klasse orden. But there were also class 2-4 and it could be awarded for enlisted men and civilians as well. The ribbon is red and white.
    I have been doing a little checking on the ribbon in question.
    The colors are correct for the RAO (orange and white, red and white is for the Hanseatic cross), but, the dimensions of the lines are incorrect for this award. There should also be a white border on both sides.
    Some that I found were on a black and white ribbon similar to the EK II.
    I suggest you post it in the Imperial section Gary, you should get an answer to your question.

This example was found with the outer cardboard carton and credit is given to WAF member "collector5168".
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

P.S. Nice find!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks guys for looking I will repost thw ribbon bar in the morning. Gary

Those are miniature ribbons for a dress bar. And if it's the RAO it's faded a bit to look orange but was originally red. There is actually a thin white outer edge to the subject ribbon, though it's covered on the left side by the Iron cross ribbon. The Hanseatic cross was also red and white but different arrangement.