Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

german WW2 datalabels.... stupid purchase

Article about: not sure why I bought these (on ebay) my competitive streak got to my head as I battled against a lot of people for these, I have no idea why I bought these and why some people were desperat

Default german WW2 datalabels.... stupid purchase

not sure why I bought these (on ebay) my competitive streak got to my head as I battled against a lot of people for these, I have no idea why I bought these and why some people were desperate for them, if anyone has any info why these are so significant or hard to find?

also anyone know what they are from? especially the black one which reads "Drehfeldsystem Sach Nr 124C58.02, Werk Nr 40141519, Anforder Z. Ln 26973 and at bottom it reads BauartLorenz Herst. with a circle logo maybe company name with "lorenz" written in the circle

white pieces read "Motor fur Schiffslufter A 123" and the other long one reads "Pruften T.......bÖlb Bb 5a...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german WW2 datalabels.... stupid purchase  

Default Re: german WW2 datalabels.... stupid purchase

Well, are these lables connected with ships or Kriegsmarine in any way? I'm not an expert but I can see no reason why to pay more than $10-15 for them.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, are these lables connected with ships or Kriegsmarine in any way?
    eesti? tere not sure but I did find a website forgot to mention that has bits of stuff and I found what the drehfeldsystem is from but still not really sure what even the complete parts are from as the site seems to be some sort of diagram component site

http://www.agder.net/la8ak/12345/images/Ln26973.jpg

from this site
    Radio surplus components

kc1
    ?

The Lorenz name is associated with a decoding machine similar to enigma. The top label has its corners removed possibly to aid it being slid into a slot. I would check with the seller to see if he has the rest of the kit, enigma machines selling for what they do
    The Lorenz Cipher and how Bletchley Park broke it

Not a stupid purchase at all (assuming you didn't pay a fortune for them). There's nothing like holding a piece of history in your hand from such momentous times. I have a varied collection of items to which my wife would say ".......but its just a piece of rusty metal".

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Not a stupid purchase at all (assuming you didn't pay a fortune for them). There's nothing like holding a piece of history in your hand from such momentous times. I have a varied collection of items to which my wife would say ".......but its just a piece of rusty metal".
    Unfortunately not only women, but a lot of people don't appreciate these stuff.
    I feel like holding a piece of history in my hands when i inspect them whilst my friends and family look at them like they are junk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german WW2 datalabels.... stupid purchase  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377