Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Goodwill find

Article about: This i would say is the rarest find I have ever found at a Goodwill ..A 1953 dated U.S.M.C "mitchell" pattern shelter half ..and the price you ask? \\$ 2.99 before the Saturday half

Eva
    ?

Default Re: Goodwill find

I think the image is up now but honestly I have no idea how I even got it to work. I was originally trying to start a new post to ask about this tunic and couldn;t figure out how to do that, I'll tell ya I excell at a few things but when it comes to these blasted computers and directions to use them I feel like banging my head on the wall.
    Last edited by Eva; 04-25-2013 at 05:01 AM. Reason: I'm stupid when it comes to computers

Its a musicians tunic of some sort..I have seen one before but can't place it

Eva
    ?

Hiya

Well I doubt it;s musicians as it came with other non musician military items of that period and some newer military stuff as well as one colonial item . I found similar tunics with more insignia and varying shoulder boards but all are national guard . These are some close but I have yet to find this exact one:

look at the grey tunic
    http://www.military-historians.org/c...images/756.htm

similar here also
    http://www.military-historians.org/c.../images/88.htm

another similar
    http://www.military-historians.org/c.../images/72.htm

Genrally band tunics that I have repaired don;t use this grade of bullion and fabric and the lining seems to be linnen which is really odd. If you could specify a specific band uniform I could reference I would be more apt to believe it might be that. In this time period almost every country used a variation of this style. I like Hungarian stuff and it reminds me of an Atilla tunic from that same time period.

I think and I could be wrong this is a massachusetts national guard dress tunic . But thus far no one can zero in on exactly what it is where I can reference a matching picture. The pockets in the tails are what is really strange as I see no application for those band , military, or otherwise so this thing is quite an enigma to me. Also there is wear on the tails as it it was used perhaps on a calvery unit where someone sat on it with friction as a saddle might. The buttons on it a dealer offered me 80.00 each for four but he also had no clue what this thing actually is. The buttons though are common military for like guard units as I can identify those since they have a maker and patent date. If anyone can come up with an exact picture of this thing I really would be much oblidged.

But thank you very much for your input
    Last edited by Eva; 04-26-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Eva
    ?

I also forgot to mention there is a name in it Lt. C. Barrett I would think Lt is lieutenant ????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2