MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

has anyone seen this ?

Article about: Has anyone ever come across coins like these ? I found them today and would like any help as to what they are and what they say ? I was at a local flee market and they were just sitting out

HDTony
    ?

Default has anyone seen this ?

Has anyone ever come across coins like these ? I found them today and would like any help as to what they are and what they say ? I was at a local flee market and they were just sitting out on the gentlemans table and he has no idea what they were. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture has anyone seen this ?  

Default Re: has anyone seen this ?

Gee,I'm surprised some our German (or whatever it is)speaking members haven't chimed in and given you some sort of clue. Nice conversation piece if nothing else. Give much for em?

HDTony
    ?

Actually I only gave the gentleman $1.00 for them because he did not know what they were. He had a bunch of oddball pins and things of which I picked up about 6 of them, infact I will be posting another soon.
    Tony

Hi Tony, not a "coin" in the sence of being an item of currency I think. More a propaganda item.

Write out what it says on it then put it into an online translator and you will get an idea of what it says.

Cheers, Ade.

HDTony
    ?

Thank you Ade
    I will have to give it a try. Perhaps over the weekend I will look for one as there are other things that I need to have translated.

Tony

Hi Tony, this one is basic but will do the job.

Google Translate

One beauty of this one is you can copy and paste a webpage address into it and get the whole page into English

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi,one side translates to German emergency and disgrace,the oter says, Black disgrace and cultural dishonor on rhein ( river ? ) They seem to be from the 1920`s and seems to be a black French soldier abusing a white woman, at least that what I could gather from an internet search...But I could be wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture has anyone seen this ?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

HDTony
    ?

Thank you Zwerge, it seems that is what it is. Like Ade touched on it is perhaps a propaganda item. Ade telling me about the Google translate did the trick. I was just there and after a few tries it came out great. You are right on, and I will be using it often, great place for us new collectors to learn some about the German sayings.
    and again thank you Ade.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.