Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifyting Gun Club Finds!

Article about: Hello, all! I posted another one of my famous signs at the local gun club that I am a member of. Almost immediately, a fellow member said he had some stuff to show me. He drove home quick, a

Default Help Identifyting Gun Club Finds!

Hello, all!

I posted another one of my famous signs at the local gun club that I am a member of. Almost immediately, a fellow member said he had some stuff to show me. He drove home quick, and came back with these:

I believe it to be a Nagoya Arsenal 2nd Series (little square inside a circle)Type 99 short rifle, chambered in 7.7x58mm. I also believe that it has been BUBBA'd, but at least Bubba did the job with some skill.... I noticed that the last three numbers on the bolt (606) DO NOT match the serial number on the receiver (96003). It is also completely missing the chrysanthemum, and the bolt has been turned down. Finally, I believe the stock has a received a coat of shiny shellac.
    Help Identifyting Gun Club Finds!Help Identifyting Gun Club Finds!

This knife is a mystery. It is marked U.S. Mod. 1917 on one side of the blade, and Plumb. Phila. 1918 on the other side...

This one is a bit of a mystery, I believe it to be an SA dagger in rough shape... The blade is marked "F. Dick" with the picture of an arrow inside what kind of looks like a scroll.
    Help Identifyting Gun Club Finds!Help Identifyting Gun Club Finds!

Finally, this is a USM3 knife made by Imperial. The scabbard/ frog combo is marked MILSCO 1943

Can anyone add any info and or/ shed any light on the objects that are a bit of a mystery to me?

Default Re: Help Identifyting Gun Club Finds!

I can help you on the knives:

US M1917 "Bolo" knife.

The SA could be restored the replacement insignia. Good early dagger.

The M3 in the M6 leather scabbard is nice and these are always sought after.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I love M3 knives, i had two but sold them years ago and regretted ever since seeing the prices they go for now, your crossguard has been semi straightened which i hate to see, the SA , as Ade said could be restored, it rates as a 2 on the list and should'nt be too hard to find the insignias

Thanks, guys! As I always say, this stuff is still out there hiding in the woodwork... all you need to do is ask! ... or post a sign.