Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help!!! Panther / King Tiger Towing Shackle

Article about: True, I hope you can trace it back to either Panther or KT, but I doubt that GI would take it as a souvenir being a rather non descriptive piece unless you are a panzer hobbyist. There were

Default Re: Help!!! Panther / King Tiger Towing Shackle

True, I hope you can trace it back to either Panther or KT, but I doubt that GI would take it as a souvenir being a rather non descriptive piece unless you are a panzer hobbyist.
    There were many other interesting pieces inside the tank to take.
    Keep us posted !

?

It could be from a KT or Panther. I just think it could be hard to attribute it specifically unless it has specific mfg marks. It would be funny if some GI brought that home. Of all the things he takes a giant U tow shackle. That's funny.

?

Well, I think it could have a chance. If a GI knocked out a KT or panther and he wanted a souvenir, he couldn't take the whole tank! He would grab a memento he could carry with him in his pocket or rucksack .

Hi Django..as with anything else that is brought up to topic of conversation..our life blood here is photos. We have members here who collect from small tinnies to heavy armoured vehicles that would be able to help identify what you have. Please enlighten us with some photos. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

:d

Help!!! Panther / King Tiger Towing Shackle
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I was thinking the same thing , big Ned !
    Cheers,
    Dean.

?

Quote by django70 View Post
    Trust me modelers are a insane and nitpicky lot.
    Having visited a Kubinka outside Moscow with a model tank builder and diorama fanatic, I can testify to that.

Where others take wide shots of the tank, he'd try to focus on the tiniest detail on the tanks there for future reference in regards to building models.

?

You read my mind! I built this KT , and I know what the tow rings look like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help!!! Panther / King Tiger Towing Shackle   Help!!! Panther / King Tiger Towing Shackle  

I hope it isn't too expensive, I'd love to have a u-bolt in my collection.

Even if you could tie it down to be an original piece of a Panzer, I still dont think there are many collectors out there who will pay a large ammount of money for this piece.
    Lets face it; of all the parts you could taka off a Panzer, this must be the most unattractive piece I can think off. Even if it was covered with WaA markings it would not appeal to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast