Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

I spy with my little eye.....German barbed wire poles

Article about: Guy came round today to pik up some scrap metal. He chuckd some old car wheels into the back of his run down Transit van, and what did I spot between some rusty poles? He told me he found th

Default I spy with my little eye.....German barbed wire poles

Guy came round today to pik up some scrap metal. He chuckd some old car wheels into the back of his run down Transit van, and what did I spot between some rusty poles?
    He told me he found them on a farm down the road, but he had no clue what they where. When I told him I used to sell them for 25 euros a piece (the short 1 meter one's with the plate) he looked at me in disbelief.
    Millions and millions were made, but I wonder howmany are now still out there in good nick!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I spy with my little eye.....German barbed wire poles   I spy with my little eye.....German barbed wire poles  

I hope they are not still going for scrap

I'm sorry, but what exactly are they?

They are German barbed wire poles.

Did you rescue them?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No I didn't. I pulled one out, and it turned out the base plates were removed at one point. The ones that are really sought after are the smalliest one meter ones with base plate. A few of them, a bit of barbed wire and some sand bags, and you have a nice diarama.
    These poles came it all sorts of lengths, some with base plate, and others without that could be used for in concrete.

shame ,I would have some of them off you