Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Items from Grandfather given to me in Poland

Article about: Hello. Well first off to explain how i got these items... I'm Polish, i myself live in Canada but my entire family still resides in Poland. I was over for a visit in August and my father gav

An embarrassing crude lot of fakes with a sadly usual absurd story of where they came from. If the ring was genuine-and I would make a considerable wager that it is as worthless as the rest of this rubbish-then it would be worth in the $10,000 US range. But, going by the other pieces in this lot, I wouldn't be making plans to visit Disneyland just yet....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Agreed... Don't waste your cousins petrol... G
    Pardon my manners PolishJake.. Welcome to the Forum.. Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

CBH
    ?

What a load of Crap , the story and the Items .

Good to know Micheal, and again, i thank you guys for your knowledge in this

In some maybe positive light...
    The ring is NOT at all from this side of the family, nor was it in this batch of items from my fathers side. i also was told that i can get a photo of my great Aunt with this German man who the ring belonged to along with a name.

I'm very eager to find this out so i will pester my parents to send me the images hopefully tomorrow...

I will post another thread with the images i get back and maybe it will be the real deal... as you said Micheal, there are a 1000 fakes to every real one... the one thing i got going for me is that it apart of these items.

Jacob

CBH
    ?

Lol

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    What a load of Crap , the story and the Items .
    Awhile ago.. Larry C stated that we have to look past the story.. As they are usually bogus.. Rely on the factual attributes and draw conclusions based on known examples.. Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks CBH, Im here to ask questions and learn, i did receive these items a month ago and that's what i was told in Poland.
    Being unsure and not knowing anything about the items i found this forum to get some expert opinions... well and i did, they're not real.
    There's no point to me lying as i wasn't trying to rip anyone off nor did i claim they were real. i just stated thats how i got them and due to that thought they may possibly be... i dont have any knowledge about this stuff, thats why i ask!! but thanks for the welcome

Best regards!

If, by some strange chance, you Do have this ring show up...post Clear and Close-up photos of it here. Especially the inside inscription and all 4 sides of it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I will Wagriff,
    I'll also make sure to get pictures as you state... close up and hi res. detail interior/ exterior band.
    Thanks again

These wartime fakers were not good..at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast