Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just found these in a uniform. What is it?

Article about: by Feuerbach Wow! Thought you had found a .22 pen-gun there for a second! But it looks very much like an old casing for a medical thermometer. My grandmother who was a nurse had a thermomete

Default Just found these in a uniform. What is it?

Always nice to find out if somebody can figure it out!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just found these in a uniform. What is it?   Just found these in a uniform. What is it?  

Just found these in a uniform. What is it?   Just found these in a uniform. What is it?  

Just found these in a uniform. What is it?   Just found these in a uniform. What is it?  

Default Re: Just found these in a uniform. What is it?

Perhaps a case for a fountain pen or something?

?

What kind of uniform, it may help to narrow it down a bit

The bottom two pieces look like removable steps. They are lying on their tops in the photo. Used on large trucks, water towers, buildings, even airplanes for maintance of hard to reach areas where they want clean crisp lines. They slide into a hole, and snap on an anchor. When finished, unsnap and remove.

Jay

?

Jay these things are only small, like carabiners, or strap clips, i think the pointed end goes through a hole in the strap or something similar, look at the grain and knot holes in the table to guage size etc

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Perhaps a case for a fountain pen or something?
    Keep a cigar dry.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Wow! Thought you had found a .22 pen-gun there for a second! But it looks very much like an old casing for a medical thermometer. My grandmother who was a nurse had a thermometer in a similar pen casing. Hope it helps.

Oh, I see, difficult to judge size. Thanks. They sure have had alot of metal to metal or metal to rock grinding action on the bottom.

Jay

?

That was my thinking, ive seen something very similar before, i just cant think where, poss mountaineering clips or cargo clips of some sort

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Wow! Thought you had found a .22 pen-gun there for a second! But it looks very much like an old casing for a medical thermometer. My grandmother who was a nurse had a thermometer in a similar pen casing. Hope it helps.
    I had the same thought, got excited there for a moment, SOE , CIA, came to mind, but thermometer does sound plausible

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast