Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lot of German WW2 equipment

Article about: Awsome find, It's amazing to see what can be found stored away these, and a generous way to start int the forum. If you decide to sell come of these \\i eill be one of the first to open my wa

?

Default Re: Lot of German WW2 equipment

Awsome find, It's amazing to see what can be found stored away these, and a generous way to start int the forum. If you decide to sell come of these \i eill be one of the first to open my wallet!!!!!

Well done

Hi Tampalm,

Yes I found German WW2 helmets and hemlets shells (in different conndition), but one big problem is how to remove paint puted after original paint. After WW2 German Army grout E and F retreated from Greece and their main way to cross Yugoslavia and final destination was germany. In Yugoslavia in 1944 Red Army and partisans cut their ways out so thay stay in circlament. After war ended all captured German equipment were issued to new formed Yugoslavian Army, helmets were repainted and red star were puted on front, original decals and peinting still exist on most helmets.After Yugoslavia started own production (rifle M48, helmet M56) most of those equipment and headger were storaged for Teritorial Defence forces (Auxilary forces on Yugoslavian Army). Some warehouses still keep very large quantity of those equipment. Storages were sealed for many decades ago and mostly abbandoned but locations are secret. When wars in Croatia and Bosnia begun some storages were unsealed and many antiq weapons apperad (in begining of war you can see that most Croatian soldiers were armed with Thompsom M1 rifles and old Sovier Sshpagin sub-machineguns). Also many US equpment are still in those storages, history is very interesting, when Tito refused some Stalin demand in 1948 US and western powers sent large quantity of arms and vehicles to Yugoslavia most of those arms were WW2 dated. When Yugoslavian National Army was formed and Stalin dyed relationships betvin USSR and Yugoslavia become better and Soviet arms embargo lifted new weapons were imported and domestic production become widespread most of US aid finished in Teritorial Defence facilities as reserve. Sorry for long message but I think that was nessesery for undersending whole situation.

Draganns, welcome to the forum. This is an excellent find. Thanks you for showing.

rgds, Tyrone

?

Quote by draganns View Post
    Hi Tampalm,

Yes I found German WW2 helmets and hemlets shells (in different conndition), but one big problem is how to remove paint puted after original paint. After WW2 German Army grout E and F retreated from Greece and their main way to cross Yugoslavia and final destination was germany. In Yugoslavia in 1944 Red Army and partisans cut their ways out so thay stay in circlament. After war ended all captured German equipment were issued to new formed Yugoslavian Army, helmets were repainted and red star were puted on front, original decals and peinting still exist on most helmets.After Yugoslavia started own production (rifle M48, helmet M56) most of those equipment and headger were storaged for Teritorial Defence forces (Auxilary forces on Yugoslavian Army). Some warehouses still keep very large quantity of those equipment. Storages were sealed for many decades ago and mostly abbandoned but locations are secret. When wars in Croatia and Bosnia begun some storages were unsealed and many antiq weapons apperad (in begining of war you can see that most Croatian soldiers were armed with Thompsom M1 rifles and old Sovier Sshpagin sub-machineguns). Also many US equpment are still in those storages, history is very interesting, when Tito refused some Stalin demand in 1948 US and western powers sent large quantity of arms and vehicles to Yugoslavia most of those arms were WW2 dated. When Yugoslavian National Army was formed and Stalin dyed relationships betvin USSR and Yugoslavia become better and Soviet arms embargo lifted new weapons were imported and domestic production become widespread most of US aid finished in Teritorial Defence facilities as reserve. Sorry for long message but I think that was nessesery for undersending whole situation.
    Hi Draggans,
    Some very nice finds, there. With regards to removal of paint, this can be achieved using acetone or other products. If you search through the restoration and refurbishing section of the forum ( Restoration & Refurbishing) you will see quite a few examples of indiviudals who have had success with removing newer paint to reveal the original paint beneath.

There are also quite a few people on here who would also buy the lids as is as they like a project, especially if there is the glimmer of hope to find some decals lying beneath the newer paint. I know I personally would be interested.

In any case, good luck with your hunt and I look forward to seeing more of your finds!

?

Removing post war paint is hard, and I have never attempted it, Acetone I have heard is good, but not ever tried!!!

?

Very nice find!!! How much are you wanting for a pair of pouches?

welcome to the forum ,fantastic find thanks for sharing and making everyone jealous,if you decide to sell any k98 pouches I would be interested in a pair to go with my recently purchased rifle

cheers ,Nigel

Hi everyone,

I had lot fo job to do so I didn't have enought time to spent on my hoby. I brought all my artefacts to home and start dust cleaning phase. I separeted big lot to 3 smaller and start job with firs, on attached pictures you can see my progress. I just cleaned dust from half of first lot and I'm very sattisfied with condition. i also make full refressh thretman on one P.08 holster and results are greter than I thought. Leather need to be cleaned well and after cleaning vaseline based creme make that holster shine again. But lot of job stiil need to be make, I sleand about 1/8 of whole lot and I didn't touch pouch box. One iteresting holster for me is German Polizei holster shown on attached photos.

Some members asked me would I sell some of items, I think that I will but please help me to form some realistic prices, dealers prices are high for normal people standards and i wish to all of us be satisfied. I arranged selling of one large quantity with one of dealers beacouse I need to solve my financial problems but I be glad to supply my felow collectors colegs.

All the best
    Dragan

P.S. on one photo you can see legs of my pet Gremlin (cat) stand near holsters
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lot of German WW2 equipment   Lot of German WW2 equipment  

Lot of German WW2 equipment   Lot of German WW2 equipment  

Lot of German WW2 equipment   Lot of German WW2 equipment  

Lot of German WW2 equipment  

Quote by draganns View Post
    Yes I found German WW2 helmets and hemlets shells (in different conndition), but one big problem is how to remove paint puted after original paint.
    If you ever decide to sell any of the helmets/shells give me a shout

Really good job cleaning up the holsters aswell

Thanks for sharing

Danny

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing what els you find in the future

good luck!

Fantastic job cleaning the holsters

John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast