Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Machine gun belt from Normandy

Article about: The casings were probably fired, but there is also a hole drilled in every case. Every case says 65, but the letters change on some.

Default Re: Machine gun belt from Normandy

good god man paul just stated that people who show there finds on this forum do so because they have teh necissary papers so that they can LEGALLY dig in that spot if someone posts a thread that is illegal they are told as such so that they reframe from doing it again. You are digging yourself a bigger hole here mate i would reframe from argueing (figure of speech)

tom
    this is now just passing the blame game and its stupid paul and many others get licenses (or something like that) to dig such as luckystrike steve T and many others whereas you have stated you dig illegally and are now saying everyone else does

?

Actually my friend you assume that because i have been digging in the past it must be illegally , just as you assume that just because you don't make a mess etc then the people on whose land you trepass ( as you know even most of the forests / woods in france are owned by someone ) are happy with you illegally digging on their property , the reality is we dig with the permission of the Government , the Volksbund . Russian war graves , local council and landowners , so no i don't dig illegally plain and simple and no we are not breaking the law as you are, we have no problems with the Police as we have all the relevant paperwork, that's how to do it within the law , something that you could maybe even consider yourself !!

So you also spend time digging underneath a piece of live munitions so it falls deeper into a hole !! Really !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Blimey.

After reading this thread from start to end I have just one or two things to say really.

Do not show items on this forum that have been recovered illegally. Not only do you put yourself at risk of having a visit from the local police, but you give those of us who only ever dig legally a bad name. And please do not admit to finding and RE-BURYING live ordnance on the forum. This is an incredibly foolish thing to do and shows a total lack of regard for the well being of others, as well as yourself. How would you feel if a child stumbled upon your find and blew themselves to bits ?

If you want to be an active and valued member of the forum then stay within the rules. If you can't do so, then don't bother posting.

Steve T

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4