Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An mp44 question

Article about: Suppose someone found an mp44 after their grandparents death. What would a person do?

Bil711
    ?

Default An mp44 question

Suppose someone found an mp44 after their grandparents death. What would a person do?

Default Re: An mp44 question

Depends on the state or wherever you live. Im sure someone with more knowledge on this will comment. There is probably some stupid law that prevents you from keeping it. I heard of somone in the same position in a few years ago regarding a Thompson.
    Last edited by CSM Gray; 03-25-2013 at 05:27 AM.

All machine guns that are not registered are illegal machine guns and can never be registered, is what I believe the law everywhere in the US. They should be turned in to the proper authorities... If i were in the situation it would have never existed...

same here I heard of someone who did some work for a WW2 vet and he gave him his thompson because he was scared of having it!

I would not mention things of that nature too much, illegal mgs do not exist in the United States....
    A while ago in some north eastern state the police offered a gun turn in program for all unwanted guns and an elderly lady turned in an mp44 and the news said that they gave it back to her to sell since it was worth 20k and that they didnt want to destroy history... we all know that means it was melted down...

I edited my posts I was just lying anyway

And here's a fun fact to make you sit up and be perky....Federal Law imposes harsh penalties for machine gun violations, including imprisonment of up to 10 years, a fine of up to $250,000, or both for possessing an unregistered machine gun.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    I would not mention things of that nature too much, illegal mgs do not exist in the United States....
    A while ago in some north eastern state the police offered a gun turn in program for all unwanted guns and an elderly lady turned in an mp44 and the news said that they gave it back to her to sell since it was worth 20k and that they didnt want to destroy history... we all know that means it was melted down...
    Thats good to hear. I saw a thread on another forum about one of those programs and the police said no one turned in anything worth over $100 meanwhile there was a original SOG knife from vietnam sitting on the table. Idiots!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    And here's a fun fact to make you sit up and be perky....Federal Law imposes harsh penalties for machine gun violations, including imprisonment of up to 10 years, a fine of up to $250,000, or both for possessing an unregistered machine gun.
    I thought it was up to $100k in fines, but I could be wrong, plus other possible charges added on top...
    I think it is a little over kill but I am not Congress...

There should be a Government run place where you could get historical MGs deactivated I would pay good money to preserve a piece of history instead of letting some morons melt it down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast