Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Article about: Hi Guys, this trailer was found on a farm in Scotland in 1993. I bought it. This is my trailers known history. The trailer that you see before you was especially designed for use by the Airb

?

Default Re: My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Hi Guys,
    this is my big question, how looks the original elektricks wire on the airborny trailer!
    I havn´t any original pictures, but here is one old picture from Greece, where was two trailers for sell any years ago.
    Radek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

It is a bit bent, but that set up is correct for the switch and floodlamp. I have seen the trailer connector mounted there before as well.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Svenn, thanks for the pics.

David in the USA is a friend of mine. In fact, I sent him a lot of "new old stock" parts which he used on his trailer and Jeep. However, some things he put in the wrong place! ( Sadly, I cannot get these parts now before you ask

Here is a pic of the "T" plate.

Overall size of plate 7 x 8 inches.

Height of letter "T" 6 inches.

Width of letter "T" 5 inches.

Width of letter T 1.5 inches.

Diameter of reflectors 7/8ths of an inch.

Cheers, Ade.

The big problem is get the convoy light!!

the conectors have the sas surplus on ebay - each for 5GBP

wire "cover" gaine lezard neuve US ww2 mod3 jeep dodge gmc remorque on eBay, also 2nde guerre mondiale 39-45, Accessoires, Pièces détachées, Militaria, Collections (end time 18-Feb-09 00:48:16 GMT)

The tail light is sometimes possible buy on ebay 5-30GBP

Radek

If I do see any this summer at some of the events, I will buy them. You never know what might turn up? Years ago I could buy them easy.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I also forget on the lucas switch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

I will look for the switches too then

Cheers, Ade.

?

Flood lamp and switch: (look under "Miscelleneous")

LwdParts - The CMP place in Holland

Switch, connectors and junction box: ( i think they have lamp as well. mail them)- look under electrical.

Parts | Vintage Car Parts

Switch, connector, junction box, tail lamp:
    eBay UK Shop - airborne engineering: welbike, airborne jeep, airborne trailer

Wiring loom is available "all over".

Hope this helps.

?

Quote by radek View Post
    Hi Guys,
    this is my big question, how looks the original elektricks wire on the airborny trailer!
    I havn´t any original pictures, but here is one old picture from Greece, where was two trailers for sell any years ago.
    Radek
    Look at that picture.. The connector for trailers behind is in the center. And why would they ever move it down there if it was fitted in the first place at the side? If you look at Kmag's trailer, he has the same set up. How come you don't believe the trailers were fitted like this when they left the factory Ade?

Hi Svenn, thank for the links to the spares that is very useful.

I can only say I have also seen them mounted on the side on a couple of unrestored trailers. It could well be they were moved there. This has been a useful thread.

Will you have a go at making a "T" plate now I have photographed and measured it for you? Originals are hard to find here.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Ade! I will give it until spring before I give it a go at the T sign...sometimes the most uexspected turns up

Here are some other pics of british trailers..first one from Sola airport again, but not much of the trailer shows

Svenn

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast