Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Article about: Hi Guys, this trailer was found on a farm in Scotland in 1993. I bought it. This is my trailers known history. The trailer that you see before you was especially designed for use by the Airb

?

Default Re: My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

?

Nice pictures Kmag!

Does anyone have any idea, or even better pictures of were the bakelite swtich were placed on type two trailers? I have not yet checked under mine for remains of a bracket like the one on Kmag pictures...so it could be like that???

Anyone any ideas?

Svenn

?

Hello folks.

Heres a T-sign on ebay..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...X:eRTM:GB:1123 I think it too far off from the originals on trailers i have seen, so I will not have a go on it..since I probably can make a better one by my selves, thanks to Ade's meassurements Thanks Ade. I forgot to thank you earlier! Btw - what is the thickness on the T is selves?

ace
    ?

awsome job Ade as usual looks amazing to see it back to how it used to be, can't wait to see yours done Radek, do you know any history on it?

Quote by svenn View Post
    Btw - what is the thickness on the T is selves?
    Hi Svenn, it is about 1/8th of an inch thick.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks again Ade.

I have studied the underside of my type 2. but can not find any remains on the floor panel after a bracket for the switch. All the wiring clips are there. And there is perhaps marks after a bracket on the rear left side underneath the frame for a switch bracket. The holes for the junction box is on the same place as your picture Ade, and there has been holes in the rear cross member for the connector. I would really like some info about the switch on the type 2 trailers. I really have no reliable info for where it has been placed.

Cheers

Svenn

?

Quote by ace View Post
    awsome job Ade as usual looks amazing to see it back to how it used to be, can't wait to see yours done Radek, do you know any history on it?
    I donĀ“t know any information about my trailer. My friend bought in Norway Willys Jeep and refer to me that somebody has maybe british trailer for sell. I have only one bad picture, this one is in higher resolution as the firts one. After then I have wayting on the trailer for 10 months (bad contact with seller and no cheap transport) for this time was the trailer still payed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

?

Hi Svenn,
    I have this pictures of 2nd pattern. Maybe will be helpfull for you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

?

This one is in Czech Rep. to. I thing from the ene of the war.

?

Thanks for the pics Radek.

Have anyone of you found this mark on original tyres? I had this mark on both my original WD tyres ( One goodyear and one Firestone)

Does anyone know its purpose?

Heres are some more pics of the tyres:

There is also a red round mark on the inside. I will post picture later

svenn

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast