MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying possible leather flight jacket found at antique store.

Article about: Hi all, need help identifying an old leather shearling jacket I found at an antique shop specializing in military antiques. Anyways, the guy said it was from the WW2 era. Not sure origin or

Default Need help identifying possible leather flight jacket found at antique store.

Hi all, need help identifying an old leather shearling jacket I found at an antique shop specializing in military antiques. Anyways, the guy said it was from the WW2 era. Not sure origin or date of manufacture. I’m not sure it’s been used in a military scenario or military issued, because it has only one small tag that I could find on the entire jacket and doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen before. The only thing that makes me think there’s a chance it’s a military jacket is that the guy said he had the matching shearling leather pants for it, but had already sold the pants separately. The one small tag is located on the inside left pocket, and in blue font says “Lot Size 42”. The jacket is definitely very old, but like already said not sure if it’s a flight jacket or not. Here’s a picture of the jacket in question.Attachment 1301963

As you can see, it has the shearling lining around the top AND edges of the pocket, but not the sleeves—which threw me off. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Is there a maker name on the zip? . it may help

Looks like a conmar zipper, but not totally sure. I’ll have to take a look at it when I get home.

Quote by kradman View Post
    Is there a maker name on the zip? . it may help
    So it’s definitely not a conmar zipper. I can’t see the markings on the puller, but it looks like a combination of a Riri zip and a wico one.