Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Items From D-Day Veteran

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson It is always best to record every scrap of info when an item comes directly from a Veteran. Cheers, Ade. 100% with Ade on that one. The more info you get, the more contex

?

Default New Items From D-Day Veteran

Hello I would like to show you what my father recently got from his job. He is a nurse at the hospital close to our home he often talks to some of the veterans who come in the hospital. Yesterday he spoke with a Veteran who was an Anphib in ww2 in the D-Day landing he was wounded and set to a hospital for most of the war as his hearing was blown at from a mortar. My father asking him if he had brought anything back from the war and he said he had some german pipes and some skulls. Well today he bought in his stuff along with the skull and Luftwaffe eagle my father asking him if he would sell it and he said he would give it to him. My father does not run into military much at the hospital and this is a very cool find the history makes it all the better I hope you all enjoy.
    New Items From D-Day VeteranNew Items From D-Day VeteranNew Items From D-Day VeteranNew Items From D-Day VeteranNew Items From D-Day Veteran

Default Re: New Items From D-Day Veteran

Helo Gel..Im not sure of the authenticity of that skull as I never seen prongs like that before extending from the outer edge. It would be best to post that photo on this forum that specializes in cap insignia..these guys will be able to tell you exactly what you have. Heres the link https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-me...-skulls-71916/
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello I am 100% sure it is authentic the vet had told my father about taking it off a german while he was in the hospital along with the german eagle I have no idea how he would have got a repro skull

Do yourself a favor never guess anything is real because of a story.....check it out anyway..just to be sure Buy the item not the story..we have heard some many times ..and also many let downs once authenticity was established...you have nothing to lose by doing this and you gain everything when you find out. Dont buy a car without checking it out first
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

They were given to me I did not buy them he even brought pictures of him with his uniform in but as you said it could not hurt to post it to get opinions on it

?

I understand where you are coming from because anyone can say they were a vet and have brought anything back with them and had something fake. Thanks for helping me in this posted it on another thread.

Good original items.

Record as much info as you can from the Veteran.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

panzer skull with the eagle must be HG div.

?

I don't think they came together that is a good thought though I will have to ask my father

It is always best to record every scrap of info when an item comes directly from a Veteran.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast