Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New Items From D-Day Veteran

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson It is always best to record every scrap of info when an item comes directly from a Veteran. Cheers, Ade. 100% with Ade on that one. The more info you get, the more contex

Default Re: New Items From D-Day Veteran

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is always best to record every scrap of info when an item comes directly from a Veteran.

Cheers, Ade.
    100% with Ade on that one. The more info you get, the more context and historical value the items have. Perhaps you could go and visit this guy yourself and have a chat with him. Possibly even record your conversation somehow?

?

My father has spoke with him almost every time he sees him in the hospital and he always tells my father of some of the stories from when he was in ww2 my father plans to write him so he can get as much info on him as possible

?

Tell him to bring a recorder, so he can speak as much as possible.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is always best to record every scrap of info when an item comes directly from a Veteran.

Cheers, Ade.
    I couldn't agree more!

If he tells you the color and thread count of the socks he wore on D-Day, make sure you take down every last word.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    100% with Ade on that one. The more info you get, the more context and historical value the items have. Perhaps you could go and visit this guy yourself and have a chat with him. Possibly even record your conversation somehow?
    I agree, try and go yourself and gain some info. Somethimes I get a chance to hear some war stories but unfortunately i lack the time to record it since work pressure in the hospital is kind of high.

As Ade mentioned, the Panzer skull with the edge tabs is an original and this type are considered to be late war, you also see Heer cap eagles with the same type of fitting.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for the info Jerry

?

I knew the skull was correct at first glance, thanks to the awesome thread on Heer panzer skulls, I contributed a few but none of this prong style. The Adler looks fine as well,IMO.As said, try and get some more info from the vet. If we're you, I'd make a display of him and the items possible a copy of him during the war and a modern pic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2