MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

nice real barn finds

Article about: I wrote about some barn finds I bought a while ago, and yesterday I picked them up. I had bought them, but hadn't seen them in hand until yesterday. For those who haven't read the post; this

Default nice real barn finds

I wrote about some barn finds I bought a while ago, and yesterday I picked them up. I had bought them, but hadn't seen them in hand until yesterday.
    For those who haven't read the post; this lot contains a m35 lid in semi-relic condition, a belt with buckle and a K98 amo pouch.
    The helmet is named, and has a decal under the paint. I won't open it up, but my best guess is it is a sd WH lid. The belt and buckle and the pouch are all from the same soldier, and his name is (what I can make out) Miller. Its a NS64. The only thing I did to it is oil it lightly as the rust seems to be active (red). The buckle is Dr Franke with lip, and the belt is 105cm. Strange the belt only has one pouch, but I have seen that before. Everything was untouched and uncleaned untill I oiled the lid, but its a non aggresive oil, and can be removed.
    The lid looks like it had a band around it at one point, and seems to have been repainted in the war.
    Thanks for any input!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nice real barn finds   nice real barn finds  

nice real barn finds   nice real barn finds  

nice real barn finds  

nice finds,not many barns where I live.greater London.

Another (for me) interesting question is, how come the helmet pins can be loose? I know for fact the helmet is not messed with, and I know for fact the liner belongs to the lid. If you look inside the liner the pins are not ever opened, but still the pins are looser than on a non (semi)relic lid. Would these pins go looser over the years? I recognize if the pins have been removed once, and they are put back put they cant seem to get the same strength. Here they are still in untouched state, but they are woobely.

?

It is a model 40 helmet friend. Original split pins can be loose for many reasons.

It had one day to go, and got removed from ebay again...
    Not even a photo of the buckle, no swastica vissible, but they removed it, This has happenend so often with my adds on ebay!
    The lid and the K98 amo pouch are still in the run....

?

It could be the original owner had wire attached to it, and he used the helmets pins to keep the wire in place.

Good point there TrondK, because there seems to have been something around the helmet. It has left a mark all around on the paint.
    Anyway the belt and buckle are sold now for 125 euros, the am pouch is on 30 euros now and the helmet has no bids for the moment.

Everything is sold now.