Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Gulf War webbing find.

Article about: About a month ago, some sleazebag carried out a bit of fly-tipping at the back of my neighbours bungalow. I was looking after the property at the time while she was on holiday. Amongst the i

Default Possible Gulf War webbing find.

About a month ago, some sleazebag carried out a bit of fly-tipping at the back of my neighbours bungalow. I was looking after the property at the time while she was on holiday. Amongst the items dumped was an empty British Army kit-bag. Despite numerous requests to the local council, we are STILL waiting for them to remove the now rather soggy pile of household junk and old electrical goods. This morning I was on my way back from the shops and decided to see if the garbage was still there, and sure enough - there it was. I noticed someone had been rooting around in the large box. And underneath some papers I spotted an army-issue water bottle in its pouch. The photographs are of what I unearthed. I suspect they are from the time of the 1st Gulf War.

I also suspect there might be someone in North Wales who is willing to give it all a good home!

Possible Gulf War webbing find.Possible Gulf War webbing find.Possible Gulf War webbing find.Possible Gulf War webbing find.Possible Gulf War webbing find.Possible Gulf War webbing find.Possible Gulf War webbing find.Possible Gulf War webbing find.

What a great find. I like the cover on the knife.

Hope the rest of the junk gets cleaned up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

hi Ade,
    Just
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    What a great find. I like the cover on the knife.

Hope the rest of the junk gets cleaned up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,
    Just an hour after I removed this stuff, the council turned up and took everything away. I'm giving everything to James C, it should fit in well with his collection. The blade is a William Rodgers 'I Cut My Way' of Sheffield.

That is very kind of you! I suspected that was whom you had in mind. Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!