Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Badge a what is it.

Article about: Interested on opinions as to what this item is, I suspect it to be a RAF Supporter pin. What do you think.

bsweeney
    ?

Default RAF Badge a what is it.

Interested on opinions as to what this item is, I suspect it to be a RAF Supporter pin. What do you think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Badge a what is it.  

Default Re: RAF Badge a what is it.

Nice little item. It is a sweetheart pin, worn by wives and girlfriends of servicemen in the RAF.

Cheers, Ade.

bsweeney
    ?

An RAF Pilot that was a relative brought it to his "American Cousins" ... He was killed in action over the channel. I have several other items he brought them I will try to post them later. I love the winged RAF and Regal Crown.

bsweeney
    ?

William Lamond, and not sad really he is a part of a legend that lives on in our imagination.
    A hero!

bsweeney
    ?

More on William Lamond, this is a photo of him the summer he visited the US on leave. The fmily went to the Jersey Shore. The great looking RAF cards inside are marked in printing from #31 S. F.T.S,. R.A.F. Station, Collins Bay, Kingston, Ontario. On the back is printed Menzies Series 40S-71 Printed and made in England. The graphics are GREAT and the little bow has class. Very well done.

I thought you might like what was written in this small letter.

The letter was from Hut II No 31, S.F.T.S., Kingston Ontario, Canada, and 30th March. The recipient has written in 1941-1942 on some later date to try to remember when it was sent.

It starts Dear Dot:
    Was very pleased to receive your tin of cookies–they arrived last Saturday and Menty and I soon ate them up. I must apologize for all I said about your baking– though you must admit that burnt almond was slightly overdone–do you remember?

Well you will nearly be finished at school and I am sure you won’t be sorry–Eh kid. Things are very quiet here and we have got a lot of work to do so I am seldom about town, though Saturday I saw ‘Sergeant York’ and I thought it was very good.

To night we have a dance in and it would just suit a youngster like you as there is plenty of ‘jiving in the groove’–how is that for Yankee Slang.
    Well Dot (Lightning) that is all the news and thanks again for the cookies.

Hope that all of the Inciso family are in the best of health and remember me to all.

Had Jean Beck anything to do with the cookies?

So Cheerio for now Dot,
    Love, Cousin Bill.

Not long after this he was lost over the channel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Badge a what is it.   RAF Badge a what is it.  

bsweeney
    ?

This photo could either be the Jersey Shore or Vancouver BC in 1940.

Wonderful items and made poignant by his loss. Thanks for sharing them and his story with us.

Cheers, Ade.