Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Royal artillery house clearance finds

Article about: Wrong Tuscania I fancy. There was another one built in 1922 for the Anchor Line. Rob

Default Re: Royal artillery house clearance finds

Wrong Tuscania I fancy. There was another one built in 1922 for the Anchor Line.

Rob

SS Tuscania (the 1922 version):

"In February 1931 she commenced her first Glasgow - Liverpool - Bombay voyage and between 1931-37 made 13 autumn/winter voyages on this service."

Now prepared to bet money my inter-war service and a commission in ww2 theory is correct

Rob

Lol ok hands up should of done Google a bit better instead of in a hurry as usual that will tie into ww1 and 30s dated equipment then.

Do you think there would be any records of him anywhere tried London Gazette

is it possible he was horse artillery as there are two sets of spurs in the box?

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    is it possible he was horse artillery as there are two sets of spurs in the box?
    It is not possible. His insignia is Royal Artillery, not Royal Horse Artillery. Spurs were common to RA and RHA.

Rob

Ok did you find anything about the flash please? any idea of any battles he may of took part in please? do you think he could of been at El Alamein?

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Ok did you find anything about the flash please? any idea of any battles he may of took part in please? do you think he could of been at El Alamein?
    The 8 on the Africa star ribbon means he was part of the 8th army during Monty's period of command and almost certainly means he would have been at El Alamein and was probably part of the massed artillery barrage preceding the start of the battle. It was the largest artillery barrage that had taken place during the war up to that date.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Royal artillery house clearance findsThe badge that you have, 5 over F with ribbon in middle is for the 5th. Field Force 28th. Field Brigade India 1926-30The 5Th. (Gibraltar) 1799-1783 Field Bty. R.A. was awardet the ribbon of the Croix de Guerre 1914-18 on 27th. May 1918 for action near Pontavert on the river Aisne. I have put a picture of some of my collection on here. I must also add that I made an enquiry on another badge forum and received this information for you from members on that site, yours John,

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    Royal artillery house clearance findsThe badge that you have, 5 over F with ribbon in middle is for the 5th. Field Force 28th. Field Brigade India 1926-30The 5Th. (Gibraltar) 1799-1783 Field Bty. R.A. was awardet the ribbon of the Croix de Guerre 1914-18 on 27th. May 1918 for action near Pontavert on the river Aisne. I have put a picture of some of my collection on here. I must also add that I made an enquiry on another badge forum and received this information for you from members on that site, yours John,

Stunning collection of helmet flashes, wow!!!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast