Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Saturday Morning Haul

Article about: Out last Saturday morning to a local farm sale/farm carboot type sale, interesting haul of WW1 & WW11 items, have another one this weekend. Regards Gary

Hi Gary, absolutely wonderful, what a buzz finding all this..... May I ask what part of Europe this boot sale is? I am assuming Northern France.......

Hi SK, I live in the middle of Oxfordshire, UK.
    Regards
    Gary

Hi Gary, well knock me over my head with those wire cutters!! I'm so surprised you bought these from the UK, I'm from Kent and have never seen these items for sale. Congratulations.
    Look forward to seeing anything else you purchase.

Bank Holiday Monday 4th May, 2x boot sales this morning, picked up the following, a German WW2 map case (from a dealer who buys and sells here and in Normandy, this was something he picked in Normandy earlier this year), a home guard picture (building in the back ground has a very small sign "The White Bear", quick google brought up the place in Rickmansworth !), US army lantern, WD Indian made 1945 machete, and a very nice enamel badge to the St John Ambulance for War Service. Marking in the map case appears to be 6(E)/J.R67, anyone any ideas ?
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturday Morning Haul   Saturday Morning Haul  

Saturday Morning Haul  

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

never see anything like this in Nottingham, well done.

Saturday 9th May, rain clouds threatened but the rain held off, normal WD tool finds, an unusual Reichskolonialbund memebership card, and even more unusual .......see photos on next post !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturday Morning Haul   Saturday Morning Haul  

Prehaps the most unusual things I have ever found, in the back of a landscape gardeners pickup truck, just thrown loose on top of a pile of rusty old tools he has just cleared from a shed, 2x Leather Indo/Persian Dhal Shields (the larger one measures 19"), I had a lot of interest from the dealers who were present at the carboot, asking if I was selling, and how much I had bought them for ! If only these shields could talk.

Saturday Morning Haul  

?

Nice grabs. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

23rd May, a couple of nice finds today, WW2 National Service papers, a housewife with 2x razors, a K98 bayonet and a spike bayonet. The chap selling the postcards had just sold some very nice WW1 submarine postcards, I was pipped at the post, I also just missed a 1888 Lee Metford bayonet ! And the dirty 1/2 pint glass mug ?, it was given to me free, see next post for a close up photo.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturday Morning Haul  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast