Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Saturday Morning Haul

Article about: Out last Saturday morning to a local farm sale/farm carboot type sale, interesting haul of WW1 & WW11 items, have another one this weekend. Regards Gary

Here's a close up of the 1/2 mug.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturday Morning Haul  

?

Nice picking Gary! Well done!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Nice finds. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by garys39 View Post
    Marking in the map case appears to be 6(E)/J.R67, anyone any ideas ?
    Regards Gary
    6th ( Ersatz ) Kompanie, Infanterie Regt 67.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Things have been a bit quite lately, but here are few things that have turned up middle of June, 6 volt battery box, 3x badged Gulf or Afghan issue shirts, and a small ceramic arcadia souvenir cannon shell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturday Morning Haul  

On the 20/21 June, I had a change from my normal weekend collecting items and I put on a small display of Battle of Britain/Home Front items, to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. I went along to the Bicester Heritage Centre Flywheel show, and in their marque, I displayed the following items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturday Morning Haul   Saturday Morning Haul  

Saturday Morning Haul   Saturday Morning Haul  

This last weekends Saturday boot sale, turned up some very nice and unusual items, it couldn't be more varied, WW1 German wire cutters, 2x 1943 restricted area maps for Florida (I'm glad we didn't take these on our holiday earlier this year, they don't have Disney on them !), and what I thought was a target shooters bipod, but having had a look on the web, it appears to be a Home Guard Bren gun training aid (I've never heard of this before). The 4x Bren gun mags were from the seller of the bipod and he had no idea what the bipod was. So does anyone have more info or details of this Parker Hale marked bipod, from the few pictures I found on the web, it is missing the smaller barrel clamp.

Home Guard Brens

Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saturday Morning Haul   Saturday Morning Haul  

Saturday Morning Haul   Saturday Morning Haul  

?

Wow! You've cleaned up! Well done.

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Saturday 18th July, another very interesting pick up today, what started out with a seller of 4x large British ammo boxes, led to him saying there are a few more military items in the back of his van. He then produced another card board box containing everything else you see on top of the boxes. I'll let the pictures do the talking, only other thing to say is he has more if I'm interested !

Saturday Morning Haul  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast