Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some interesting relics

Article about: I picked these up as a set.... I know there is the bottom half of a Polish cap badge, I have my Grandfathers to compare, a sppon which seems to be a broken geman folding fork/spoon which has

?

Default Some interesting relics

I picked these up as a set....

I know there is the bottom half of a Polish cap badge, I have my Grandfathers to compare, a sppon which seems to be a broken geman folding fork/spoon which has had a handle welded back on...a phonetic alphabet plate,my fav, buttons, a radio part...

Need help with the cloth rank...this is the way it arrived with two pips, and the two paper labels, feldpost????

Thanking you,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some interesting relics   Some interesting relics  

Some interesting relics   Some interesting relics  

Some interesting relics  

Default Re: Some interesting relics

The paper labels... Well Custrin (Kostryn) is on the Polish-German border. Been through there on a bus of a time. The bold text on the top label translates as "Packed in A.D. Custrin" - am thinking that therefore the A.D. has to be a stores or something of that ilk. The bottom one (in the gothic script) says the same.

Next line has space to write the date - "am" translates as "on"

"Durch" on the line below, in this context, is "by" followed by a space to insert a name I'd imagine, then after that is where I come a bit unstuck... "Krieg" is "war", and "hilfs" is "help". The literal translation of "feuerwerker" is "fireworker". It's more likely that it probably means something closer to ammunitions / explosives technician or handler, either military (kriegs) or civilian / work batallion (hilfs).

My German isn't brilliant, but my best guess is that both labels relate to a supply depot, quite possibly an arms depot.

HTH

?

Thanks for your time on this, like yourself my German is limited, and I came to the same conclusions as you as to translation....the last bit feurerwerker, makes sense....so these could be shipping labels from an arms factory......

Thankyou again,

Feurerwerker was a German Army rank/appointment, denoted by this badge (this is a pic of a repro):

Some interesting relics

It's usually translated as "Artificer NCO" or "Ordnance NCO"

Rob

?

Thanks for that, makes those little peices of paper tell there story again

Not too far off then.

I do like your reichspfennigs though. I have a few, but not in the higher denominations - mine are only one pfennig bits alas, but still nice to have nonetheless.