Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some small finds for today.

Article about: Greetings, Found this helmet today and was a little puzzeled on the specifics. It looks to be civil defense of some sort but matches nothing I have or could find on the net. Perhaps early ci

Unhappy Some small finds for today.

Some small finds for today.Some small finds for today.Some small finds for today.Some small finds for today.Some small finds for today.Some small finds for today.Some small finds for today.Greetings,

Found this helmet today and was a little puzzeled on the specifics. It looks to be civil defense of some sort but matches nothing I have or could find on the net. Perhaps early civil defense. The pictures should say everything. There are no markings to be found. There seems to be one faded ink stamp, under the leather, that reminds me of Czech or russian but its not readable. There are no holes or rivets and the color is OD instead of traditional white. If someone has info, please lead me to other pictures of similar pieces. I was hopeing that it was a Leningrad pan factory helmet but there seems to be one picture on the internet of a LPF helmet and they dont match. If anyone has a REAL picture of a LPF helmet, please share. Right now, I think of Leningrad pan factory helmets the same as I do unicorns and the Easter bunny.

The other red pieces I am not positive about yet. I believe they are British or French collar tabs but I am not sure. The others are just US WW2 collar discs. Thanks for any info.

FG.

Default Re: Some small finds for today.

I can only tell you that the collar tabs are not British.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

The top 4 collars are US ,1-Chemical Corps (up side down) , 2-Armored Force , 3-Signal Corps , 4-Infantry Corps . Not sure of there date , #2 is modern, at least not WW2 .
    Hope this helps .
    Cheers Chris

Thank you for the info. Any ideas or photos of a LPF helmet?

FG.

CBH
    ?

I only have one small photo of a LPF helmet and it looks to have rivets holding the liner in , but Russian stuff isn't my thing . Try posting only the helmet and ask if it a LPF helmet and you might get a better answer .
    Cheers
    Chris

?

I have a similar lid in my collection thats is un ID'd so far. Although it was suggested to be IDF, possiby..(Israeli Defense Force)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some small finds for today.   Some small finds for today.  

Some small finds for today.  

Thanks for the response, the differences are the odd part. Mine is OD and the liner attaches unlike anything Ive seen. Ive seen one British civil defense helmet that was close in design. Oh well, Ill keep looking for answers.

FG.

Hi,the red collar tabs are spanish post war.Left to right;artillery,engineers and infantry.