Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Storage in France

Article about: by crazy horse I would love to go CHRIS, but I don't see it in my future. there is a small Air Force base about 1& 1/2 hours away from me, there is a lot of acres of woods & some old

Default Re: Storage in France

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    My home country is really the US ,I am a military brat.My mom is French and my dad American but they still live their.I spent 11 years in France and 12 Years in German and now 14 years in the US.
    Cool Chris, it must have been very interesting especially being a WW2 enthusiast !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Cool Chris, it must have been very interesting especially being a WW2 enthusiast !

Nick
    My dad was the superintendent of the American cemetery in Normandy for 17 years.

Those pig tails and the german poles you can still find here by the thousands.
    Even roles of German barbed wire.
    If you like I make a picture of rows of them. I know a place where the Germans used ww1 and ww2 poles in the same time, very strange to see.
    The 1 meter poles with the plate base are most wanted and harder to find now, most that are left are the 2.5 meter ones that have no base plate and are in concrete.

I wish I had that space to store my stuff. All of it occupies my really small bedroom.

chris once again your a lucky man to have such a fortuous heritage and ability to sniff this stuff out bien sur cest tres magnifique

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    I wish I had that space to store my stuff. All of it occupies my really small bedroom.
    bop been following your threads and all i can say is considering your so new to it your doing amazingly well keep up the good work lad

chris, love that brass knuckle knife great age patina to it!

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Those pig tails and the german poles you can still find here by the thousands.
    Even roles of German barbed wire.
    If you like I make a picture of rows of them. I know a place where the Germans used ww1 and ww2 poles in the same time, very strange to see.
    The 1 meter poles with the plate base are most wanted and harder to find now, most that are left are the 2.5 meter ones that have no base plate and are in concrete.
    Would like to see pictures of them.

hey chris did i spy a 30rnd M16 mag there hmmm i know the germans were ahead but not that far !!!! lol joke

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    hey chris did i spy a 30rnd M16 mag there hmmm i know the germans were ahead but not that far !!!! lol joke
    Yes you did ,all the stuff that was not from ww1 or ww2 were put in a box and given to a friend in France for a German 40 years service medal and 75 Euros.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast