Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Storage in France

Article about: by crazy horse I would love to go CHRIS, but I don't see it in my future. there is a small Air Force base about 1& 1/2 hours away from me, there is a lot of acres of woods & some old

Default Re: Storage in France

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    By dumping do you mean sell or really dumping.ww2 cigarettes cost so much to day .
    Yes.. DUMPING. Hundreds of tins, all pierced and thrown in a hole in the ground!

Martyn.

great finds

Quote by martynv4 View Post
    Yes.. DUMPING. Hundreds of tins, all pierced and thrown in a hole in the ground!

Martyn.
    Maybe with that many ,a few may still be good?

Awesome stuff Chris , some great items there , cheers Raymond

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Maybe with that many ,a few may still be good?
    Not a chance I suspect. The area is open to all the weather the gods can throw at it + the 'pit' was open for years afterwards with more and rubbish being dumped on top. I don't think that in another 40 years time any of it would end up in someones collection and certainly not in the condition that your lovely finds are.

Martyn.

Quote by martynv4 View Post
    Not a chance I suspect. The area is open to all the weather the gods can throw at it + the 'pit' was open for years afterwards with more and rubbish being dumped on top. I don't think that in another 40 years time any of it would end up in someones collection and certainly not in the condition that your lovely finds are.

Martyn.
    Well that would have been nice.

I found a Poliu helmet in almost the same condition as yours in France, along with a bayonet, but because of their condition couldnt bring them back to New Zealand,

Any idea what the artillery projectile is? I'm looking for German 7,7cm lFK and 10,5cm lFH projectiles if one happens to be in the group, I would be interested.

R/

Ralph Lovett
    Lovett Artillery Index Page

I am not up to date on this .but if you are looking for those I could probably help you.

Chris

I have attached images of the 7,7cm lFK and 10,5cm lFH projectiles I am looking for. There are several other types but this gives a good overview. I have the shell cases so the projectiles are the main thing on the wanted list now.

R/

Ralph
    Lovett Artillery Index Page
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Storage in France   Storage in France  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast