Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Strange plexiglass cover

Article about: I found a military coloured cover in a friends barn, and have been thinking about what is supposed to be attached to. I live in denmark and it is painted in a flat green colour like our tank

Default Strange plexiglass cover

I found a military coloured cover in a friends barn, and have been thinking about what is supposed to be attached to. I live in denmark and it is painted in a flat green colour like our tanks, trucks and so on. Is there someone out there who have an idea about what it can be.?Strange plexiglass coverStrange plexiglass coverStrange plexiglass coverStrange plexiglass cover

kc1
    ?

Casualty pod for helicopter evacuation?

I have thought of that myself, but cant find any pictures of the helicopter types in danish service with a pod like this on. The danish airforce have had Bell 47, Sikorsky S-55, Alouette III, Sikorsky S-61, Hughes H-500, AS 550 Fennec. The older types were not camuflage painted, but in silver with Dayglo panels for easy recognition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange plexiglass cover   Strange plexiglass cover  

It looks awfully similar to a removable nose canopy for a helicopter such as a Sikorsky HO3S-1 or a foreign made version?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It kind off does, but this one is made from fiberglass, not riveted aluminium and is slightly more elongated lenghtwise.