Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued

Article about: I would have had to sit down after opening the lid,unbelievable find!,I'm guessing well worth the money spent?

Default Re: Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued

Someone up there likes you, DD.

Interesting to see Dewey had the Mexican Border Service Medal ribbon, so he put it some time chasing Pancho Villa before he went to France/Germany with the 2nd Infantry Division machine guns.

Quote by Patgore View Post
    Interesting to see Dewey had the Mexican Border Service Medal ribbon, so he put it some time chasing Pancho Villa before he went to France/Germany with the 2nd Infantry Division machine guns.

Which one is the mexican ribbon?
    The following is from a piece of paper found in records with trunk, some of it is hard for me to understand, and not sure how accurate it is. " Corporal Dewey M. Parrott, 5th MG BN. 2nd Div. A.E.F. Parrott came from Pierpont, South Dakota and was originally in Co. L, 4th South Dakota Infantry with which he served on the Mexican Border in 1916. He entered Federal Service in 1917 with the fourth S.D. Infantry, NG., almost immediately after the regiments return from seven months of Mexican Border Service. In sept. 1917, the regiment entrained for camp Greene, N.C. Co. L was re designated as part of the 148th MG Bn. It became part of the 41st "Sunset" Division. The 41st Division went overseas early in 1918. Evidently Corporal parrott was transferred out of the 41st and into the 2nd Div. regular Army which was formed from units already in France in 1917. Parrott served in Hqs. Company, 5th MGBN, which was attached to the regular Army 3rd Infantry Brigade, composed of the 9th and 23rd Infantry. Parrott served with the 2nd Division for the remainder of the war --DEFENSIVE SECTOR, AISNE, AISNE-MARNE, ST. MIHIEL, MEUSEARGONNE. The 5th MGBN was decorated by the French with the Croix-de-Guerre, as a unit, with two palms, which entitled the unit to wear the green and red fourragere on the left shoulder. The palms indicate that the unit was mentioned twice in orders of the Army, that is to say, cited in orders. About 45 units were so cited in the entire A.E.F. and 31of these were from 2nd Div.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey there,Would you sell the shirt by its self??Or are you interested in trades only?
    Thanks
    Would you really want me to break this grouping up?? cant do it..this grouping has to stay together.

Hi, Dirt Detective:

Mexican Border Service Medal has a green-yellow-green ribbon. I thought I recognized the fourragere, but I can't really see the other two ribbons. If you can identify the colors for me, I'll try and figure them out.

He would also have qualified for the Victory Medal with umpteen bars (Defensive Sector, St.Mihiel, etc.) but may not have received this until he left the service, so he might never have put the ribbon on his shirt. The Victory Medal ribon is rainbow colored. Quite pretty, but the US govt. used poor quality ribbon so most that you see look ratty.

The Indian head on the star is, of course, 2nd Infantry Division.

If you want my opinion....keep the collection together. And any other information you can find out about Dewey. Provenance is everything. You might want to keep a careful note of who you got the collection from, especially if family.

I just purchased Dewey's WW 1 I.D. bracelet on Ebay last night from a person in New York! Now I have a question, how could I have ended up with Dewey's I.D. bracelet, the most personal item a service member could have on his possession? Another question, how did it not make it in the truck of his other items? Missing still are Dewey's service medals and a portrait photograph. His truck was found in South Dakota by the way! He is buried in South Dakota. Let's see if we can reconstruct this Silver Star winner's life for his family and for the veterans. Word War 1 anniversary starts this summer and the U.S. anniversary begins in 3 years, so we have time. I am going to post on every forum that I can find that has anything about Dewey M. Parrott.

Quote by Robertallen View Post
    I just purchased Dewey's WW 1 I.D. bracelet on Ebay last night from a person in New York! Now I have a question, how could I have ended up with Dewey's I.D. bracelet, the most personal item a service member could have on his possession? Another question, how did it not make it in the truck of his other items? Missing still are Dewey's service medals and a portrait photograph. His truck was found in South Dakota by the way! He is buried in South Dakota. Let's see if we can reconstruct this Silver Star winner's life for his family and for the veterans. Word War 1 anniversary starts this summer and the U.S. anniversary begins in 3 years, so we have time. I am going to post on every forum that I can find that has anything about Dewey M. Parrott.
    Great news..please post a pic, would love to see it.

Wow!....

This is so beautiful i just died a lil inside

When I get in the mail next week I will post a pic. We need find out how the bracelet got separated from the trunk of stuff. I will email the guy I purchased it from to get more information as too where he got it. This is too weird. Do you have Dewey's I.D. tag or tags?

Default Here is a photos of the bracelet from ebay

Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be RescuedStuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6