Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued

Article about: I would have had to sit down after opening the lid,unbelievable find!,I'm guessing well worth the money spent?

?

Smile Re: Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued

I would have had to sit down after opening the lid,unbelievable find!,I'm guessing well worth the money spent?

Default Re: Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued

yeah, it would be great to see what kind of variation of the Small Box Respirator it is and if its well preserved. The art on the carrier is amazing!
    Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny, Not sure how much you want to see so here goes. The mask is dry and does not want to open. here is another shot of the overcoat, legwraps and the german cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued   Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued  

Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued   Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued  

Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued   Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued  

Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued  

that mask is in quite good condition, the flapper outlet valve is still intact which is quite rare thing on SBR's today. I cant tell from the photo exactly, but does the head harness have sliding buckles on it?
    Thanks for the pics

Danny

Wow, good for you Dirt Detective! never break this group up. I could only dream of an untouched 2nd army tunic in that condition.

In fact i'll make sure nothing happens to it. I'll leave you my shipping address and i promise that they will be safe with me

Ty

That is one hell of a find , amazeing collection of ww1 history , treasure it as im sure you will , well done , cheers Raymond

That's a great find! I love legit finds that come out of vet's attics.

Quote by ss sniper View Post
    That's a great find! I love legit finds that come out of vet's attics.

Yes..me too. This and two other footlocker's with her fathers WWII uniforms and gear were in a garage filled with junk. These were in a locked cabinet inside the garage. I think I took a pic of what it looked like. I will look for it. The guidon flag of her fathers was just pinned to the wall, when she pulled it down, a small portion of the corner was ripped off. He was with the 202 in Fort Bliss texas before the war.
    Danny, the mask is back in the box but I do think it had adjustment buckles on the straps. I wasn't going to use this pic but I think you can see it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued   Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued  

Thanks for uploading the pic's, it does look like that there is small sliding buckles on the straps which is quite an odd thing on SBR's I've only ever seen one example of that confirigation which was in a book!
    Thanks again for the pictures, never split that set up!

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stuff Still Out There..Waiting To Be Rescued  

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Thanks for uploading the pic's, it does look like that there is small sliding buckles on the straps which is quite an odd thing on SBR's I've only ever seen one example of that confirigation which was in a book!
    Thanks again for the pictures, never split that set up!

Danny

If it will help your research, I will pull it out and take better closeup pics.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast