Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

swastika tile

Article about: hello, i dont no if its war time or not , but ifind this fits into place perfectly in my collection. found this in a jumble market a month ago Annoyed from this ads?  

Default swastika tile

hello, i dont no if its war time or not , but ifind this fits into place perfectly in my collection. found this in a jumble market a month ago

Default re: swastika tile

I doubt if it was wartime made, it looks too crude, non symmetrical... don't forget that the Romans used the swastika, as a symbol of piece, and the Indians (not the red ones) and also the British in the 1st World War, used the symbol for war savings, saying that, its an interesting piece, but i don't think from the TR period

Default re: swastika tile

Quote by JMB View Post
    I doubt if it was wartime made, it looks too crude, non symmetrical... don't forget that the Romans used the swastika, as a symbol of piece, and the Indians (not the red ones) and also the British in the 1st World War, used the symbol for war savings, saying that, its an interesting piece, but i don't think from the TR period
    The 'Red' American Indians did use the Swastika. I believe if you check out the Lafayette Escadril of WW1 they had a indian head with bonnet on the tail. On that war bonnet was a Swastika.

?

Default Re: swastika tile

I was told once, that GENERALLY, earlier swastikas were facing the other way (clockwise). Hitler reversed it for his use. Although not a confirmable statement, I was told it was a good rule of thumb.

Just a thought.

neil.

Caseydiggz
    ?

Hundreds of years ago these were used as floor tiles for some churches in europe. and thats the extent of my knowledge. they were used very commanly in the roman culture

Thought that you all might to see a quirky piece i picked up from a boot sale recently, as you can see, the swastika has been used over the centuries for all sorts of things, even selling sweets!! Lucky cross my ar**

I think it dates from the end of World War 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture swastika tile  

Quote by JMB View Post
    Thought that you all might to see a quirky piece i picked up from a boot sale recently, as you can see, the swastika has been used over the centuries for all sorts of things, even selling sweets!! Lucky cross my ar**

I think it dates from the end of World War 1
    It may not have been lucky for all,but it had to be for a great many, being as the length of it's history and use. Great find ya got there. Interesting.

?

Probably Hitler likes that toffee in WW1 and due of that he uses Lucky Cross as his symbol D)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics