Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish water bottle

Article about: I found this canteen in grandfather's garage. I think he got it from a friend from Bosnia, i was about 6 or 7 years old when he got it. I belive it is swedish WW2 water bottle, but i do not

Default Swedish water bottle

I found this canteen in grandfather's garage. I think he got it from a friend from Bosnia, i was about 6 or 7 years old when he got it.
    I belive it is swedish WW2 water bottle, but i do not know how it ended so far south. Is it possible that germans or bosnian or yugoslav collaborators used them.
    I never saw any of these bottles on ww2 german photos in Yugoslavia. I am not an expert, so i'm asking for some opinions.

Cheers

Will

DSC 0065 2 :: Fotkica.com

DSC 0066 :: Fotkica.com

DSC 0068 :: Fotkica.com

It is indeed a Swedish M/29 water bottle. (Swedish: fältflaska M/29)
    It looks to be the WW2 - pre WW2 version, judging by the fittings, although the pictures are pretty grainy.

I took the liberty to copy you pictures, and attach them to my post, since I think the community would appreciate if everyone used the forums image up-loader instead of hosting sites.

For your question. I cannot, in my wildest dreams, imagine that Germans, Bosnian or Yugoslav collaborators used them.
    Sweden was neutral during WW2, and only Finland used (a few) Swedish items. Mainly supplied to them during the Winter war - pre WW2.

It would be a long shot to think it should have travelled from Sweden in 1939 - to German hands in Finland, to end up in Yugoslavia during the war... But crazier things have happened.

Swedish water bottle

Swedish water bottle

Swedish water bottle

Thanks for solwing my mystery now i enlist know that its not post war canteen because i suspected that the cover is post war.

Yes, the cover is indeed postwar... The bottle and hanger is not.