Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Todays Purchases

Article about: Just thought id share with you a few items i picked up at the local antique market today. First of all, what i believe to be a pair of 21st army patches (i stand to be corrected??)

Default Re: Todays Purchases

To be honest, for "antique dealers" none of them had an idea, i picked every item here up for less than £20 for the lot. So id call it a really good day.

Does anyone know of a good product to put on leather to preserve it? Mainly for the Sam Browne Belt.

Thanks

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Just thought id share with you a few items i picked up at the local antique market today.

First of all, what i believe to be a pair of 21st army patches (i stand to be corrected??)
    Those patches are an odd one, they have the colour of 21st Army Group, but usually they have 2 crossed swords ?

They look very similar to a 2nd Army patch but is the incorrect colour

After doing further research, i think they are British Army of the Rhine.

The website states that: This patch is for BAOR Troops or Units who did not have any other formation sign to wear, retrieved from Part 41 - Miscellaneous Corps Formation Signs & Patches

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Its great, it has a whole section on military phrases. Would these have been given to soldiers or would they have been private purchases?
    It doesn't appear to be military produced booklet (you can normally tell be the publisher / stationary office / Foreward). I suspect that it was produced for the numerous civil servants, etc who ended up in Germany after the war doing military related work.

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    It doesn't appear to be military produced booklet (you can normally tell be the publisher / stationary office / Foreward). I suspect that it was produced for the numerous civil servants, etc who ended up in Germany after the war doing military related work.
    Thank you for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2