Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?

Article about: Hi found these two cast eagles at a car boot sale for £1.50 so grabbed them does anyone think they could be military i was thinking early french/prussian/polish????? anybody have a clue plea

Default Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?

Hi found these two cast eagles at a car boot sale for £1.50 so grabbed them does anyone think they could be military i was thinking early french/prussian/polish????? anybody have a clue please i just grabbed them as they were cheap! Did even wonder if they could be napoleonic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?   Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?  

Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?   Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?  

Default Re: Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?

I think I would discount Polish due to the lack of the crowned head.

Other than that though, no idea sorry!

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Two old cast eagles found at a car boot sale anyone know anything please?

This doesnt help much but i reckon they look more like griffin than eagles? If they are they could be really old.

?

hello airwarrior, new to the site. look to me like bookends, they sit at the end of your bookshelf. hope this is of help,regards willie

Hi dont think they are bookends as one is aluminium and one is cast steel i wondered if they mount on top of a flag pole?

Neat items and cheap as to , i would agree with Ade they look Polish to me as well , cheers Raymond

Hi Raymond, no, I don't think they are Polish due to the uncrowned head. The Poles used an uncrowned eagle in the post war communist years only and these look older than post 1945.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Possibly 19th Century "Fire insurance" wall plaques.
    Fixed to a wall of a building to show that the building has fire insurance.

Fire Insurance Wall Plaques

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Raymond, no, I don't think they are Polish due to the uncrowned head. The Poles used an uncrowned eagle in the post war communist years only and these look older than post 1945.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi there Ade , got you there mate , miss read your post , half asleep, looks like we may have id on the eagles , cheers mate Raymond