Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

Article about: Hello all! My buddy got wind of a large sale for this coming weekend. Anyway, he said there was a bunch of World War II items, and I'd love to swoop in and buy some of this stuff to share wi

Default URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

Hello all!

My buddy got wind of a large sale for this coming weekend.

Anyway, he said there was a bunch of World War II items, and I'd love to swoop in and buy some of this stuff to share with my students/ keep for my personal collection.

I'm still new at a lot of this, and I'm having trouble identifying things in the pictures he sent me. Can anyone offer some help in figuring out what I have on my hands here and good prices for these things would be?

I see two German belt buckles in this box... also US uniform lapel pins and maybe a medal box (hopefully with medal inside...)

Looks like a gas mask bag and web belt with canteen cover (hopefully with canteen inside and other pouches on the web belt...)

Looks like propaganda magazines and booklets...

ww2 photos

military or commercial rifle?

rifle #2... this one sure looks military!

military uniform

SO! What do we have here (I'm assuming everything is real...?), and what are good prices for the items in each picture so I don't get ripped off?

Default Re: URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

The gas mask is a First World War US CEM ASBR, looks to be in alright condition, I'd say $70 tops for that one as they're fairly common in the US. The first of the rifles you've shown is a Krag Jorgenson Carbine thats been modified for sporting use. I understand that they are fairly rare though......looks like an overall nice group of items though

Thanks

Danny

Default Re: URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

Thanks for the help Danny! I have to work Saturday, so I'm going to have to send my buddy there with some cash. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a quick and rough estimate for you:

The US Army Officer uniform could go around $150 to $200.

The Krag is a military rifle, but this one been 'sporterised', as already said.
    The other rifle looks like some type of military Mauser, but I'm not sure
    what country or era - Spain, Chile, Argentina ? These would go
    for at least $300+, depending.

The box of photos looks interesting, with a couple of nice ones
    showing -$20/$30 for the lot, maybe ? Printed matter
    maybe up to $50.

Each of the WWII German buckles with tabs - $100/$125 ea.
    The whole box up to $200. ( There is a WWII US medal box
    there, but I don't know the contents. Could be rare and
    valuable, but who knows....... Bronze Star ? - $40.
    Purple Heart ? - $60. more if named........

Gas mask and bag maybe $70/$80, as said. The belt
    and damaged canteen pouch are not that great.

Naturally, you'll want to pick them up a cheaply as possible,
    but this will depend on if it is an auction, who else is
    interested, if the seller will take less, and if you
    really want or need all the stuff..........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 09-15-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the prompt response, Steve!

I honestly do not know what type of sale it is. I'm just going off of the brief information my buddy gave me and the photos he sent.

Sorry, I forgot to post these pictures. Looks like WW1 medals judging by the medal with Meuse-Argonne on it:

Looks like an airforce or army cap and some GI leggings:

More rough estimates:

Officer cap $60 to $100. Armband is postwar German Kiffhauserbund ( Veterans ).
    USAAF Polariod goggles - $60/$80, or just spare lenses - $30 (probably spares).
    Leggings - $20. Veteran overseas cap - $30/$40 ?

The WWI US Victory Medal is extremely nice with all the bars - $60/$100.
    Others are: 'Welcome Home' medal from a state/city, and American
    Legion medals. Whatever the going rates are...? Some are more
    rare than others. I'm not sure on these, but at least
    $20/$30+ each.

'Sons of the American Revolution' Not sure on these either...........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 09-16-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks again for the response, Steve! Do the bars on the victory medal signify battles that that particular soldier who received the medal participated in?

Thanks for spotting the little goggle pouch in that picture too. I totally missed it!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks again for the response, Steve! Do the bars on the victory medal signify battles that that particular soldier who received the medal participated in?
    Yes. But it also could be that bars are added to increase interest or value.
    Not sure if these ones were put on before or later, ie, original or not.

Still, it is very nice............!
    Regards,

Steve.

I've picked up 2 C.E.M's for under $50 in the past 2 years, one pretty brittle, one in real good shape, complete carriers etc., they are not very hard to come by in the US.

Is the officers uniform complete or just a tunic? I picked up a tunic, that looks quite similar, for $40 I think it was, but a complete named uniform would be quite a bit more I'm sure. The OD Service Cap looks nice, I see them go for $60-$100 as has been stated by others. The canteen carrier looks damaged and the web belt is quite common, I just passed up a war dated belt, complete canteen and carrier and first aid kit for $35 recently.

I like the box of printed materials...wonder what's all in there?

Good luck, I hope you can pick some of this stuff up at a good price!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast