Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

Article about: Hello all! My buddy got wind of a large sale for this coming weekend. Anyway, he said there was a bunch of World War II items, and I'd love to swoop in and buy some of this stuff to share wi

Default Re: URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

I told my buddy to bid a maximum of these amounts... think I stand a chance of winning anything?

Belt buckle lot: $150.

Arasaka rifle: $200

Japanese flag: $150

Pictures: $40

fingers crossed!

Default Re: URGENT! Help Identifying Sale Items - rifles, belt buckles, uniform, etc.

The signed WWII Japanese meatball flag is very nice.

How did you make out ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Lost out on everything. My buddy said the place was a mad- house. For example, the Japanese rifle went for $2,000.

2 Grand for an Arisaka? What was it? Hirohito's personal hunting rifle? Auction people can be complete imbeciles.... lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I wasn't sure about what it was exactly, but if an Arisaka, it is in good condition
    so no wonder it sold for that - the recent TV shows about auctions,
    storage unit sales and pawn shops can really jack up
    the prices of military items, I suppose........
    Regards,

Steve.

I thought I bid reasonable amounts. I told my friend that if I won anything, I got a good deal. If not, whoever won the item either paid the going rate or paid too much.

I'm sure the bidding got out of hand on some of these items and people overpaid.

Good thing you set a limit for yourself. One can get quite 'involved'.

I think you took a very sensible approach, and have an excellent
    rationale as to why you may not have 'won' anything !
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve! I'm trying my best to not be too greedy. I've noticed with this hobby that sometimes you have to let things go... I'm sure my wallet is thanking me.

Lol.............. !
    Regards,

Steve.

Sorry to comment on this late, but same thing happened to me about 6 months ago. There was a salty German Army Buckle and belt. Most worth a $100 it ended to go up to $200. (this was a hole in wall to) Anyways i went to the guy that won and started to talk. to find out he knew nothing about it except it was Nazi Belt and buckle.

Arisaka though is retarded bid. I would take two m1 grand anyday for that price,

Dont over bid, when you can find it on the internet fo cheaper. You save money which you can buy more stuff!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast